Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hardest IM bike course on Computrainer
Quote | Reply
I am letting the forum do the work for me on this one. I don't own a computrainer, but I have access to one at my LBS and I was wondering what people considered the hardest course. Obviously, everyone has their strengths and weaknesses, so there will be varying opinions but its all good. We keep track of the local course records and the wattage needed to attempt to beat the current record...talk about a carrot on the end of a stick! I did one loop of IM France and nearly killed myself going for the shop record. I got the record, but was it worth it? F%$^& yeah it was!

If you are using a CT, how have the real courses compared to ct versions?

56-11...the only way to fly
Quote Reply
Re: Hardest IM bike course on Computrainer [runboorun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Lanzarote and IM Switzerland are harder computrainer courses than IM France. I actually love the IM France course because you can watch TV and don't have to change gears constantly because the climbs are all long steady climbs. The 2 courses I did on Computrainer versus real life are eagleman and IM Lake Placid. I was much faster in real life on both. IM Lake Placid on the computrainer is much harder than real life.
Quote Reply
Re: Hardest IM bike course on Computrainer [Jon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll second that. IM Lake Placid is tougher on the CT.

I wanna go fast!
Quote Reply
Re: Hardest IM bike course on Computrainer [Jon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Jon. When you say harder, do you mean that your real-life MPH was higher than CT?
Quote Reply
Re: Hardest IM bike course on Computrainer [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, my real life miles per hour were faster in real life than on the computrainer. Also, in real life, my legs got a break on the downhill in Lake Placid, while on the computrainer you have to keep pedaling. Also, there are a couple of hills on the computrainer Lake Placid course that are like going up the beast in St. Croix. In real life, there was nothing that steep at Lake Placid. (I still love the computrainer, though).
Quote Reply
Re: Hardest IM bike course on Computrainer [runboorun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seemingly every course on the ct is harder than the actual one. i've done the placid course too both on and off the ct. teh ct course is brutal - i'd much prefer to drive to placid and do 112 miles than one loop (56m) on the ct.
Quote Reply
Re: Hardest IM bike course on Computrainer [Herschel34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CT makes riding on the road seem so much easier . When I was training for my last IM I really benefited from it using it ,but in my opinion 1hr on it seems like at least 2 on the road. And yes my calibration is correct ! :)

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream" - Les Brown
"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment" - Jim Rohn
Quote Reply