Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Happy Canada Day for STer's In Our Distanced Igloos
Quote | Reply
....Happy Canada Day!!!! No fireworks this year, so may have to break out of the igloo and cut a 50m hole in the ice and do a 1.5km swim, then ride an ice fat bike 40km bike, and then put on some snowshoes for 10km today and avoid the wolves and polar bears.

OK, probably head out for a solo Olympic tri using the local open water swimming in the Ottawa river and do loops around my neighbourhood on bike and run. Anyone have any big plans? That was probably the worst 6 months we all went through in our lifetime as a society, but second half of the year, can hopefully be much better

....Happy New 2020.5 Year....hopefully its a <control>-<alt>-<delete> reboot of the last 3 months of blue societal screens.
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Canada Day for STer's In Our Distanced Igloos [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happy Canada Day!

I'm planning an 1800m OWS + 67 km bike ride.

Although it's 2°C here right now forecast to rain all day, so I'll be on Zwift and might need to re-think the swim since it would be in an alpine lake.
Last edited by: Mell: Jul 1, 20 7:05
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Canada Day for STer's In Our Distanced Igloos [Mell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happy Canada Day from sunny Vancouver !
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Canada Day for STer's In Our Distanced Igloos [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happy Canada Day....I'm gonna eat stuff :0)
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Canada Day for STer's In Our Distanced Igloos [michael Hatch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
michael Hatch wrote:
Happy Canada Day....I'm gonna eat stuff :0)

Hey you better be doing a solo distanced tri!!!! Then go eat stuff and virtual fireworks (not sure that cuts it for me, but I'll give it a roll if that's what we have).
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Canada Day for STer's In Our Distanced Igloos [Keithh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Keithh wrote:

your joking right?
its pouring outside in Langley right now
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Canada D'eh from Tobermory!!
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Canada Day for STer's In Our Distanced Igloos [y_nigel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
y_nigel wrote:
Keithh wrote:

your joking right?
its pouring outside in Langley right now

Yeah, you know it. Cloudy and showery here in West Vancouver.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why just Canada? ALL COUNTRIES MATTER

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Canada Day from hot and steamy Nova Scotia! Had a run earlier and just came back from an ocean row. An unusually hot and calm day for early July.

Andrew Inkpen
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Canada Day for STer's In Our Distanced Igloos [AndrewPhx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndrewPhx wrote:
Happy Canada Day from hot and steamy Nova Scotia! Had a run earlier and just came back from an ocean row. An unusually hot and calm day for early July.

Steamy? Lmao. It says it's 68F and cloudy. It's lunch here in Kentucky and not a blistering day. The heat index real feel is 87F. The other day on my 10 mile lake run it was 98F. It's all relative I suppose.

Happy Canada Day and enjoy your heat wave.
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Canada Day for STer's In Our Distanced Igloos [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just checked the thermometer. It is 80, sunny and very humid. Humidity inside the house is 71% - so outside probably higher. I live in Arizona most of the year so I know - not that hot. But the humidity really makes a difference.

Andrew Inkpen
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Canada Day for STer's In Our Distanced Igloos [AndrewPhx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
32C outside front door

Igloo has melted.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AndrewPhx wrote:

Yep, hot out there now. We got out for a 100km ride around Aspotogan early this morning while it was still cool. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Canada Day for STer's In Our Distanced Igloos [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Were you on the #3 at around 7AM? I heard a few cyclists go by when I was on the rail trial.

Andrew Inkpen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ended up with a 3.5k swim 40k bike and 12 km solo distanced tri today. It got up to 32 C. Now for some crappy virtual fireworks but it is what it is.

Happy Canada Day!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rest day.

Tomorrow is swim number five since March. Thrilled to have access to local gravel pit which is now residential lake.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Happy Canada Day for STer's In Our Distanced Igloos [spockwaslen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I wasn't able to see this thread yesterday but I was on my bike. 215. 8 miles of Zwifting. 90% of it on Tempus Fugit. It was a ride called the Solitary Confinement Challenge, put on by Calgary pro, Jordan Bryden. I was supposed to do it a few weeks back but life got in the way. Was powered by maple syrup (of course), perogies, and ginger kambucha.

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply