Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hanging bikes on the wall
Quote | Reply
I know I’ve seen posts for this but can’t find it via search

I’m updating my garage and looking for a better way to store 4 bikes (Mtb, TT, Road, Gravel). I have a free wall that’s ~7’ wide and I think I should hang all the bikes vertically.

I remember someone shared reasonably priced hangers that swivel but can’t find

Please share if you have ideas
Quote Reply
Re: Hanging bikes on the wall [mvenneta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The reasonably priced version is the Feedback sports Velo Hinge.

The premium version is the Steadyrack.

I went Steadyrack, and it's great. I have the same 4 bikes as you. Gravel bike is missing in the picture because it's on my smart trainer, but it goes in between the MTB and road bikes. Swinging back and forth is key for being able to pack the bikes close together.

Quote Reply
Re: Hanging bikes on the wall [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Any idea how wide of a space you have for those 4 bikes - maybe distance from the first mount to the last?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mvenneta wrote:
Thanks. Any idea how wide of a space you have for those 4 bikes - maybe distance from the first mount to the last?

I just spaced it on the wall studs - wanted to use the wood screws, not drywall anchors. With standard 16" spacing it's four feet from the center of the first to the center of the last. It could go a bit tighter for a configuration that optimized horizontal spacing. I can get most of the bikes in and out without swinging the others away. Only the MTB do I need to swing the gravel bike out of the way with my super wide downhill bars.

I like not optimizing horizontal spacing, because although this 3rd bay in my garage is the "bike bay," I like that I can swing the bikes flatter against the wall and fit a full size truck in if needed (have done this with a guest).

Another choice is whether to mount the units all at the same height for cosmetic purposes, or mount them according to bike length. I did it by bike length, so you can see all mine are at different heights. This makes it easy to pop the wheel up and roll it in without having to lift whole bike off the ground.
Last edited by: trail: Jun 30, 23 20:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have mine spaced at 350mm, which is a bit tight - they have to top and tail. Necessary in order to fit 8 bikes in a space only a little larger than you've got.
Quote Reply
Re: Hanging bikes on the wall [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great tip, thank you
Quote Reply