Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Half Marathon right before 70.3
Quote | Reply
Hi guys,

My training is specific for Tri's but decided to do a half marathon this year in early June... I did pretty good considering I only run 2-3 times a week with no runs past 6mi's. I ran 1:45. It took me over a week to recover from it.

I'd like to schedule Vineman 70.3 in July 14th, 2013 but I really enjoyed the half marathon because we had like 10+ people from our company do it too. So I'm planning to do the half again on June 3rd with a goal of 1:38. I think it will take me probably a full week again to recover.. Is this note a good idea considering the vineman will be the very next month?

And I will still only be training for the 70.3 and not specifically for a running event.
Last edited by: 125mph: Aug 9, 12 11:20
Quote Reply
Re: Half Marathon right before 70.3 [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's seem to be a good time for a "hard/tempo" workout so I'd say go for it. Of course, you have to stay injury free so if anything feels a little touchy shut it down since I assume the 70.3 is the A race while this one is just a B.
Quote Reply
Re: Half Marathon right before 70.3 [masterslacker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
masterslacker wrote:
That's seem to be a good time for a "hard/tempo" workout so I'd say go for it. Of course, you have to stay injury free so if anything feels a little touchy shut it down since I assume the 70.3 is the A race while this one is just a B.

Well... the half marathon is kinda an "A" race because theres tons of people at my work that run it .. and I gotta beat them for bragging rights.. This year, I got 2nd place.. my coworker got 1:39 time without any training.. I really need to beat him next year LOL. So m
Last edited by: 125mph: Aug 9, 12 11:33
Quote Reply