Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Half-IM in September/October
Quote | Reply
  I am looking to do a HIM in September/August. Any recommendations would be appreciated. I live in Washington State yet have heard mixed reviews about the inaugural Grand Columbian last year.
Quote Reply
Re: Half-IM in September/October [TriMD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The reviews I seem to remember about Grand Columbian talked about a terrific venue and a well-run race, but that the course is challenging by design and was made more so last year by strong winds. Or am I totally confusing this with another race? Anyhow, if it's right there at your doorstep I would do it. But if you are ready to travel, there is Prairieman (TX) Sept. 11, Pineman (OH) Sept. 18, the U.S. Half Championship (MO) Sept. 25 (this race also has general entry spots), and Mighty Man (NY) Oct. 2. Duke Liver Center Half is also in mid-September. I say go with Grand Columbian, though!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Make the trip down South to Santa Cruz for the Big Kahuna in early September. Great race, fantastic venue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did TGC last year. A fine race. I think it will only get better.
It wasn't perfect (very few races are), but I think it's worth doing as it had a lot of good things about it too.
Quote Reply