Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Haile Gebrselassie will never run fast again!!!
Quote | Reply
In the new Runner's World there is a picture of Haile Gebrselassie...I can't say it...he was...is there is no God...he was...LIFTING WEIGHTS!!!

WHO THE HELL DOES HE THINK HE IS!?!?! DOESN'T HE KNOW WEIGHT TRAINING SLOWS YOU DOWN AND MAKES YOU STUPID?!?!?!? WE ALL KNOW FOR A FACT THAT WEIGHT TRAINING DOES NOTHING!!! THAT BASTARD!!! HIS WORLD RECORDS AND GOLD MEDALS DON'T PROVE SHIT!! HE COULD HAVE WON MORE IF HE WOULD HAVE JUST RAN MORE!!!

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Last edited by: Mr. Tibbs: Apr 4, 05 21:24
Quote Reply
Re: Haile Gebrselassie will never run fast again!!! [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
....and there's me thinking you'd had an 'extreme make-over' and you were now Tom Demerly....

Proof: absence of both from the forum for a while.....

.....either that or you're in the final 10 on American Idol.....

heh heh heh

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That would explain his decision to pull out of the London Marathon. He said it was due to an achilles injury, we now know he is pumping iron for the Mr Ethiopia title!

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hehe Tibbs you'll never change! And that's good.

By the way, just readed The Greatest on the life of Haile. Really really good book! What a man!

And he was lifting weight early on in his career...that might be why he is so big...

Too bad for London, I was really looking forward to see what he woul do.

Richard

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever" - Larry Andersen
Quote Reply
Re: Haile Gebrselassie will never run fast again!!! [rferron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Richard, I read that book just after Christmas. What an inspiring man he is, all the good works that he does for his countrymen and Ethiopia in general. He is also probably the most loyal athlete any sponsor could hope for.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Haile Gebrselassie will never run fast again!!! [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I totaly agree. Actualy, this book could also have been called "It's not about the legs".
I loved the running parts (the races description are awesome) but also liked the insight about Ethiopa, especially the part on his father always keeping 1 year worth of food for safety in the past and the new tendance to keep nothing because there are no more reason for it since International Aid will give you food if you dont have enough!

I'm currently reading Dark Star Safari which is the account of the author, Paul Theroux, who travels from Cairo to Cap Town. He had already spent 30 years working in Africa so he is gives his opinion on the changes Africa went throught...really good book.

Richard

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever" - Larry Andersen
Quote Reply