Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HOMEMADE VISOR/SHIELD
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for a way to get a plastic visor on the front of my helmet (like the ones that come with the LG Prologue) so I don't have to worry about wearing sunglasses. I find that the top edge of my sunglasses always obstructs my view when I am on my aerobars. There used to be a retro-fit product that consisted of a flexible visor/shield that velcroed to the helmet but I haven't been able to find one. I just saw a photo of Scott Molina in the latest Inside Tri in which he has gaffer taped a shield to his helmet that got me thinking again. Anyone out there have some homemade rig that I can attach to my Pneumo?
Quote Reply
Re: NEOX Shades [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NEOX sunglasses. They are the best I've tried on the bike in aero. Don't see the sunglass frame. I got mine at Nytro.
Quote Reply
Re: HOMEMADE VISOR/SHIELD [sgardner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a riding buddy who makes them at home. If you go to a hobby shop you should be able to find some mylar or plexiglas in a smoke color. Make a cardboard template of how you want the visor to look and fit it to your helmet. Then lay the template flat on the plastic and trace around it. Cut it out and sand the edges smooth. Then you can heat the plastic with a heat gun or in an oven and mold it to the shape of your helmet. Attach it to your helmet with some velcro dots.

I'd give you his email address, but he is busy rebuilding his house from Hurricane Ivan right now--
Quote Reply
Re: HOMEMADE VISOR/SHIELD [tri_bri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I'll give it a shot
Quote Reply
Re: HOMEMADE VISOR/SHIELD [sgardner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll second the NEOX response from Shaner. I've worn a lot of brands in 4+ years and while the name isn't big neither is the cost!
Quote Reply