Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HITS Palm Springs, who raced today???
Quote | Reply
I did this race way back in the first year, 2011 I believe, just wondering how they are doing now 7 years later?? Water is always cold, not sure why they even attempt to tell folks it is 60 or over. I dont think it has ever been over 56 this time of year..

Anyway, how was the course, marked well, finish swag and eats??? Were the races well attended??
Quote Reply
Re: HITS Palm Springs, who raced today??? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nobody raced today because the race was not today...
Quote Reply
Re: HITS Palm Springs, who raced today??? [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Benv wrote:
Nobody raced today because the race was not today...[/quote]
Full/Half on the 1st... Oly/Sprint today... So somebody raced! Unless the 50 degree water temp scared off the entire field...
Quote Reply
Re: HITS Palm Springs, who raced today??? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did not race, but I had at athlete compete in the 70.3 distance. The 1.2 mile swim was cold, but they still held it. I believe the water temp was 59.

She said that the bike was poorly marked and she witnessed athletes going off course.

The run was lonely, but aid stations were stocked well was what she told me.

Toro Performance
Quote Reply
Re: HITS Palm Springs, who raced today??? [TommyTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TommyTris wrote:
Benv wrote:
Nobody raced today because the race was not today...

Full/Half on the 1st... Oly/Sprint today... So somebody raced! Unless the 50 degree water temp scared off the entire field...[/quote]Damn you are right, I was thinking IM70.3 next week and not HITS. Does HITS even exist still?
Quote Reply
Re: HITS Palm Springs, who raced today??? [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the half yesterday. The water temperature was 58 and I didn’t think it was bad. There was almost no wind which was great for the bike and meant that it was quick to warm up (apart from the feet!). I thought the course was well marked - there are only about 3 turns on the bike course anyway.

It is definitely a small race (700 total over the two days). I didn’t mind that but I guess going out on later loops in the dark for the full would be pretty lonely. Not much food at the end either but we were camping on site in an RV so this didn’t worry me too much.

Next year they are changing the date to 26th October and the half is $85 if you sign up by tomorrow so I plan to come back.
Quote Reply
Re: HITS Palm Springs, who raced today??? [jlentzke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty standard for HITS race. I did Naples twice... First time went off course on the bike along with 10 or so other athletes. No markings, no volunteers at the turn, nothing. I thought maybe that was a one time thing, my fault... know the course etc. Next year they change the run course last minute to one that was completely different than the posted one. I got into T2 in second place, no signs at run exit, no volunteers, someone said go left, I went left and then there were no markings so I ended up running an extra mile. Got to the first aid station and they were just setting up and all they had was warm water.

jlentzke wrote:
She said that the bike was poorly marked and she witnessed athletes going off course.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply