Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HIM Training - Weight Loss
Quote | Reply
Currently training for my first HIM and have been shedding weight like crazy. I am a lean build and have shed all excess weight at this point. I am concerned about dropping too low.... any suggestions on resources of how to maintain weight? (one caveat, I want to make sure the fuel I am putting in my body is good for me)
Quote Reply
Re: HIM Training - Weight Loss [tritexas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have a reliable method to monitor/measure your fitness gains while you are training? General advice if you want to be as fast as possible is to keep losing weight as long as you're able to continue making performance gains and able to maintain your training volume without breaking down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just eat more of what you're already eating?

Mike Sparks

I have competed well, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bet $100 you haven't lost too much weight.

Once your performance notably decreases than you have lost too much.

Don't listen to your fat friends saying you're all skin and bone....they're just jealous/have fat goggles

Quote | Reply
Are you recovering properly? Plenty of sleep, eating within 45mins of completing big workouts? I am pretty bad about my nutrition, but if I keep beer in my "diet" I don't seem to drop the weight. From what I have been told it is not all that bad for you in moderation ;) Like the above poster said continue to do what you are doing and just ensure you are keeping your numbers in check. If your power drops off drastically then you may have got to light, but if your W/Kg is staying the same and you are losing weight then no worries. I tend to run a lot better the lighter I get, the only thing I worry about is what my strength/power is doing on the bike. It is all about finding that happy medium. I think you will know if you get too low, I like beer to much to find that "low point" in my weight.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tritexas wrote:
Currently training for my first HIM and have been shedding weight like crazy. I am a lean build and have shed all excess weight at this point. I am concerned about dropping too low.... any suggestions on resources of how to maintain weight? (one caveat, I want to make sure the fuel I am putting in my body is good for me)

what fuel are you having doubts about? If you're staying away from processed foods, eating whole grains, fruits and lots of greens, you're good.

what is your current height/weight - how much of a drop have you experienced?

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm similar. When I beef up the training, I struggle to keep the weight on.

If you're struggling with workouts, it might be a sign you're not eating enough. Otherwise, just make sure you get enough calories in during the day, ensure adequate protein (but there's no need to go overboard) and grab a glass of chocolate milk after hard or long workouts (within half an hour of finishing).

Just keep a close eye on how you're feeling and don't be afraid to cheat on a healthy diet from time to time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Up your protein intake a little bit. Eggs and lean meat and you can't go wrong

see my blog http://www.ironmandanonline.com
Quote Reply
Re: HIM Training - Weight Loss [cannastar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cannastar wrote:

Don't listen to your fat friends saying you're all skin and bone....they're just jealous/have fat goggles

There is a lot of truth in this - people has lost perception of normal..... even my Dr told me I was too thin despite a bmi of 22 - right in the middle of normal!!

You know the answer - eat more good food - lean meat, veg, fruit and nuts etc - count cals in and out if it helps....it's 5 mins well spent each day for me...
Quote Reply
Re: HIM Training - Weight Loss [cannastar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cannastar wrote:

+2 its really hard to get too thin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you know your body composition? Unless you're 3% fat then carry on losing
Quote Reply