Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HELP!! Rear Wheel Closer on one side of my TCR carbon team
Quote | Reply
I just built up my new tcr composite, and when finished, noticed that my rear wheel/rim, is closer to the frame on the left side by about 3mm. Hard to notice, but not very when you know it is there. Should I worry about it? My wheel, for the record, is dished properly, so that is not the problem.

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: HELP!! Rear Wheel Closer on one side of my TCR carbon team [trijunior] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
do you have the wheel properly spaced on the axel? there may be too many spacers on the axel on the right side (or not enough on the left side). that's the only thing i can think of (because i've done it before myself). good luck.

- The Who
Quote Reply
Re: HELP!! Rear Wheel Closer on one side of my TCR carbon team [trijunior] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
take to LBS, have mechanic measure frame alignment using a Park #FAG tool
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you flipped the wheel backwards (i.e. cogs on the left) to make absolutely certain theat the wheel is not the problem?

I wouldn't worry too much about 3mm though, I'm surprised you can even tell the wheel is not centered with that small of a difference.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We saw a fair bit of this in the earlier models. Basically a combo of poor quality control and trying to rush out too much product. If they stood back and took a deep breath every so often, there would'nt be as many creeky or cracked or misaligned frames, and our shop would still be selling their road bikes. I thought they would give up on carbon after their last effort with the cadex's.
Quote Reply