Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HED trispoke question
Quote | Reply
Hi,

is this wheel usable for a heavy (190-200lbs) rider or is it too dangerous?

regards,

Frank

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.
Quote Reply
Re: HED trispoke question [Bavarian_Frank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
as far as I know, the Hed (and previous Specialized) DuPont Tri-spokes are known for being quite strong and rigid, but if you are at all concerned, you could contact the Heds via their website and you could get the info from the horse's mouth...

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: HED trispoke question [Greg/ORD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frank,

I have a HED-3, HED deep and HED jet. I bought them when I was between 200-205. The HED-3s are near bomb-proof. And I say that having shredded one going down a mountain. I still feel, however, that these wheels are as strong an aero wheel as you will find. I also ride on harsh roads. Again, these wheels are tough. The deep and jet are the clydesdale edition (higher spoke count). I have a lot of confidence in them as wheels from a durability perspective, but still think the 3s are better all around. I have so much confidence in the 3s that I train with them.

Take up Greg's recommendation. Call and ask for Annie Hed. She is very helpful. Their customer services is fantastic. When I shredded my HED-3, they immediately overnighted me a replacement, knowing that I was days away from a race that I traveled to attend.
Quote Reply
Re: HED trispoke question [Bavarian_Frank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am 190 lbs. and have had my Tri Spokes for 5 years. They are 650 clinchers and as others have said they are bomb proof. Ridden on every kind of road surface from chip and seal to new concrete with no problems. They are heavy but when I switch them out for my training wheels feels like the bike (or me) have gained 10 lbs. Do not think you can go wrong with them from a reliability stand point.
Good Luck

fal7
Quote Reply
Re: HED trispoke question [fal7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the answers, guys.

regards,

Frank

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.
Quote Reply