HED bike photos here!
Quote | Reply
www.timetrial.org/hedbike.htm

Courtesy of Tom Demerly - Bikesport

- Gary
Quote Reply
Re: HED bike photos here! [TimeTrial.org] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so when are people going to start bashing HED for missing the boat for making a true tri frame ? I've read why they went with slack geometery, but basically this bike seems closer to say the Trek TTT which often catches criticizism from this crowd . . .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have that in stock in a 56-58 I will take it.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was a built up red one outside Nytro in Encinitas yesterday...looked pretty sweet.

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: HED bike photos here! [Record9ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
If you have that in stock in a 56-58 I will take it.
Without a proper fitting ???? oh, and what length DA cranks do you want???
Quote Reply
Re: HED bike photos here! [JeffJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]
[reply]
If you have that in stock in a 56-58 I will take it. [/reply]
Without a proper fitting ???? oh, and what length DA cranks do you want??? [/reply]

I will take the special 0mm DA cranks...the new DA cranks are MUCH to stiff for my weak legs...

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think anyone will bash anyone. HED said the bike is a TT bike. Maybe if the TT bike is well received (I can't imagine it won't be- it is fairly priced and very nice)they may consider a tri-geometry (78 degree) bike.

Also, the HED bike is a viable fit tool for anyone who needs a more relaxed seat angle, and this may include some triathletes.

I don;t know if this analogy applies, but Ferrari doesn;t make pick-up trucks for a reason.

Happy New Year guys!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: HED bike photos here! [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I don't think anyone will bash anyone. HED said the bike is a TT bike. Maybe if the TT bike is well received (I can't imagine it won't be- it is fairly priced and very nice)they may consider a tri-geometry (78 degree) bike.

Also, the HED bike is a viable fit tool for anyone who needs a more relaxed seat angle, and this may include some triathletes.

I don;t know if this analogy applies, but Ferrari doesn't make ... trucks for a reason.

Happy New Year guys!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn. Well, anyway, I said PICK-up trucks.....

Silly man.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Damn. Well, anyway, I said PICK-up trucks.....

Silly man.

it's good they don't, and Porsche should'nt either!!

leave trucks to Dodge, Ford and GMC

and Ford, well, I guess they want a piece of Ferarri:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
nah, they will just make a reversible seatpost . . . and if there is no bashin' it is only because there is too much ass kissin' :P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the pics Tom/Gary. Any ideas why Anne is not funneling these frames to the US first instead of the UK?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ask anybody in the industry my friend. These lips do not touch ass.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live in a glass house so don't assume I was throwing rocks in a specific direction . . .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very well Sir, and my genuine apologies.

My Best for your New Year.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: HED bike photos here! [Wasabi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Thanks for the pics Tom/Gary. Any ideas why Anne is not funneling these frames to the US first instead of the UK?

probably because TT racing is 10 times more popular in the UK
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how come no one is talking about the bike?

the workmanship looks top notch, and I'm surprised that it's not priced higher. Looking at the pics, it looks like the fork has an Al crown, which kinda surprises me from the masters of carbon.

I like the way they handled the seatpost integration. I hope the cervelo P4 does away with the seat clamp collar. it just looks cleaner.

I'm mixed on the headtube, having the guides route through is cool, but looks like they had to bulge the tube to do it. not sure that's worth it.

but the thing that surprises me the most is that it really doesn't look to be an especially aero frame. given the name, and Hed's reputation for publishing aero data, I'm a bit surprised by this. Granted I know next to nothing about aerodynamics, but the trailing edge on the tubes doesn't come to much of a point and the headtube looks very fat. built up pics don't show the wheel tucking into the cutout very well. And not sure I understand the purpose of the old-Blade like top tube.

it looks like a nice frame for a good price, but I'd be surprised if it was designed by the same people that designed the Hed aerobar. it just doesn't have the same minimalist feel to it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Be carefull when you talk about workmanship looking great. A friend of mine works in a bike shop and they recieved their Cervelo shipment this week. They spent two hours filing a sloppy welding job just to get the seat post in the tube on a new Dual. In the past it has been runs in the paint and frames not even welded closed in spots.

it's unfortunate but hand built often means human error especially when trying to fill huge orders on hiped up bikes.

Some of the best workmanships comes from the large companies with frames built in Taiwan.

It's a Good life if you don't Weaken!
My Mom 1922-2004
Quote Reply
Re: HED bike photos here! [Aero rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"They spent two hours filing a sloppy welding job just to get the seat post in the tube on a new Dual"

"Some of the best workmanships comes from the large companies with frames built in Taiwan."

I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure that Cervelo's frames are welded in Taiwan, and if so, it is likely by a large company. I checked over their website and the country of origin is not listed. Their QC is typically quite strict. I've heard of entire batches of their frames being rejected for QC issues.

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, here you go:

http://www.bikesportmichigan.com/...ws/cervelodual.shtml

Pretty clearly says "Made in Taiwan".

Furthermore, I have approximatley 18 Duals in stock right now. Not evey one is built, but we have built 6 and have not had the slightest assembly problems with any. That is why I bought these bikes.

I think sometimes there is this inference that some retailers, myself especially, are "in bed with" Cervelo, Felt, etc. We're not. I gaurantee you. I read the riot act to a national sales manager of an unnamed bike company two weeks ago and cancelled $40,000 (at wholesale) of orders to them. They pissed me off. I am an easy guy to piss off. I am very particular about the bikes we sell. And before we sell anything, first we have to buy it. Before we went big with Cervelo I owned four of the bikes personally, most for an entire season. When I had an issue with the bike I said something. Gerard and I disagree frequently and openly. It is not all honeymoon.

I am not a hype man. I am not a schill for any bike company. The companies that I believe in run the gammut from well known to obscure. Cervelo is a proven brand not just to me to to many retailers. In four years of doing business with Cervelo this is how many defective frames I have had: ZERO. I have never had to file a frame or "make something work". Their carbon seatposts were delayed a long time from 2003 and the original Wolf fork was recalled. Neither circumstance pleased me, both have been handled to my satisfaction.

Cervelo has earned the credit they get. So has Felt, QR, Kestrel, Softride and some other good companies.

The inference that I am some kind of short-skirted cheerleader for anyone is as offensive as your opinions are ill-informed.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom, I was wrong and did not realize the frames were made in Taiwan. However I know for a fact they have problems and maybe it is with QC. I guess you have been fortunate. The entire "post" on slipping seat posts further solidifies my point. I never accused you of being a Hypeman or a cheerleader for particular manufacturers and in todays Tri market any shop not trying to promote and sell Cervelo would be a fool.

Great web site you have...it was a terrific tool for fitting my own bike.

Best of the new year.

It's a Good life if you don't Weaken!
My Mom 1922-2004
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jeff is correct that a lot of Cervelos have had QC issues that often require additional shop labor or shipment back to Cervelo. However these problems mostly occurred when the P2K and P3 were first being launched.

Bicyclesports is atypical to have never had a Cervelo with an assembly problem or a Ksryrium with a broken spoke.
Quote Reply