Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HED S AeroBars won't clamp tightly on base bar
Quote | Reply
Recommendation for shim/insert to lock aerobar onto base bar?

Hed S aerobars on Bontrager bullhorn base bar. By positioning the aerobars out wide enough to cover my knees, but still reasonably tight to the stem, I hit the stops on the aerobar bracket before I get a solid bite. No problem while spinning easy, but I am unable to get leverage off the bars without movement. Any additional torque on the allens screws may strip out the threads.
Quote Reply
Re: HED S AeroBars won't clamp tightly on base bar [Biotechblues] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same problem with my Sbends- measure the base bar with a dial caliper- the HED clamps measure exactly 26.0 in its tightest position (bolted all the way down) the base bare may very well be 25.9- I had this problem with the Vtech base bar and HEDs. Sure enough, when I mesure the 26.0 Vtech base bar, it read 25.8, just small enough for the HEDs to not be tight enough- instead of shimming, I bought new base bars, I dont like and dont trust makeshift shims-

Jason Goldberg
FIT Multisports
Quote Reply
Re: HED S AeroBars won't clamp tightly on base bar [Biotechblues] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, in my opinion, that is a pretty major design oversight on hed's part. There are many bars that are 25.8 and these clip-ons should be able to clamp on (and hold on) to these bars. In any case, if you want to keep the heds, it sounds like you need a different base bar....

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply