Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

H1 visa - question
Quote | Reply
isn't there a law that says that filing fees for a work-based immigration visa have to be paid by employer in the H1-B visa thing?
Quote Reply
Re: H1 visa - question [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no expert but I think your answer is here http://www.averylaw.com/h1_b_visa.htm Fourth subhead down last line "BCIS regulations require that the employer, and not the employee pay the fees"
Quote Reply
Re: H1 visa - question [5280] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yep...this is what I thought...nevermind...time to move...annoying when the people you work for tell you one thing and do an other one...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The excerpt below is from the bcis web site - looks like LCA and fee need to come directly from the employer but note that the cost has significantly gone down... I have heard rumors of cases where that fee was deducted from somebody's first pay check...

H-1B status requires a sponsoring U.S. employer. The employer must file a labor condition application (LCA) with the Department of Labor attesting to several items, including payment of prevailing wages for the position, and the working conditions offered. The employer must then file the certified LCA with a Form I-129 petition plus accompanying fee of $130. (Prior to FY2004, employers were required to submit an additional $1,000 fee to sponsor the H-1B worker, unless specifically exempt.) Based on the USCIS petition approval, the alien may apply for the H-1B visa, admission, or a change of nonimmigrant status.

Christina
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Frankie,

maybe UF wouldn't do sucha thing!

It's a nice town, you should consider it! Good to meet you this past weekend.

Ciao,

http://www.Felipe-Bastos.com
--------------------------------------------
Blog: felipebastos.blogspot.com
Facebook: facebook.com/felipebastos
Twitter: @felipebastos1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've worked for two companies in the US of A where I required an H1-B Visa. After consulting with an immigration attorney, I was told that it is up to me to negotiate for the company to pay for the costs of processing this visa. The first company did NOT pay for it, the second company I worked for did pay for it but not after much negotiating. Whatever you do, I would suggest that once you get the H1-B you start right away your Permanent Resident application. Once you are a Permanent Resident you'll sleep so much better. I have a good contact (immigration attorney) in Tucson willing to answer questions at no charge if you need help. Cheers!

Dickie Fernández

"Life is not about arriving to the grave in a well preserved, nice looking, smooth as silk and fresh body, but instead skidding in sideways in a overused, abused and rugged body with a martini in one hand, chocolate in the other and yelling 'woo hoo! What a ride!'"
Quote Reply