Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gu Salted Caramel - Nectar of the Gods!
Quote | Reply
I may be a little late onto this train, but I experienced one of the Salted Caramel gu's on my run today. The rest of NJ is at the beach or church (I don't do either) so I was enjoying a quiet Sunday morning run. 10 miler was the plan. hit 5 miles and sucked down a salted caramel gu. wow, that hit the spot. I am not a big fan of the consistency or taste of a lot of the energy gels, but this was awesome. I am hooked and heading out to buy a bunch to get me through my 1/2 ironman training this summer in preparation for Ironman Princeton 70.3. Hoping they are available as judging by the packet with a Yeti on it, they may be a seasonal product??? say it aint so GU!
definitely helped with me negative splitting the 10 miler!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/506748570
Quote Reply
Re: Gu Salted Caramel - Nectar of the Gods! [(free)willey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not the biggest Gu fan but these are awesome. I had one on my run this morning. If it's seasonal I may have to go get a bunch while they are available.

------------------------
Loud pawls save lives
Quote Reply
Re: Gu Salted Caramel - Nectar of the Gods! [BionicMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that the flavor with the Yeti on the front?
Quote Reply
Re: Gu Salted Caramel - Nectar of the Gods! [MDSICT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. That's the one.

------------------------
Loud pawls save lives
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Started off as a seasonal flavor for the winter but they decided to make it permanent due to how popular it became
Quote Reply
Re: Gu Salted Caramel - Nectar of the Gods! [msaad7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is great to hear. Thanks for the info.

------------------------
Loud pawls save lives
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I snagged a box on amazon a few weeks ago stocking up for the season. I'm really really glad I decided to take a chance on the salted caramel flavor. Between that and the peanut butter flavor I'm set for life
Quote Reply
Re: Gu Salted Caramel - Nectar of the Gods! [JayZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JayZ wrote:
Between that and the peanut butter flavor I'm set for life

I gotta get my hands on some of that Peanut Butter. I do like the Salted Caramel, and the Strawberry Banana.

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: Gu Salted Caramel - Nectar of the Gods! [Runner Rick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those old enough to remember, the peanut butter Gu's taste just like those peanut butter astronaut tootsie-roll-like sticks you could buy in the 70s. The first time I tried the GU, I was instantly transported back in time.
Quote Reply
Re: Gu Salted Caramel - Nectar of the Gods! [Runner Rick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They just launched PB/Chocolate combo as a new flavor.
Quote Reply
Re: Gu Salted Caramel - Nectar of the Gods! [tovi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You think those are good....you guys should try the frozen greek yogurt salted caramel flavor. 100 calories, fat free goodness!!!!

"I would definitely smell her seat after a century ride"
Rappstar wrote:
That might be the post of the year right there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can eat GU chocolate flavor for dinner every night. I'm not a big sweets person, but that stuff is like crack to me. I'll have to try the salted caramel!

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Gu Salted Caramel - Nectar of the Gods! [tovi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tovi wrote:
They just launched PB/Chocolate combo as a new flavor.

Dang. The regular PB is great. Can't wait to try this.

------------------------
Loud pawls save lives
Quote Reply
Re: Gu Salted Caramel - Nectar of the Gods! [BionicMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happy to hear that there is a big following for salted caramel and that GU made it more than just a seasonal thing. Found an 8 pack on running warehouse.com available end of this month so will order there. Will try the other mentioned flavors, although can't believe they would touch salted caramel!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
for a cold winter ride, eat one salted caramel Gu and then chase it with some of the warm Skratch Labs Apples & Cinnamon hydration mix. you're welcome
Quote Reply
Re: Gu Salted Caramel - Nectar of the Gods! [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
I can eat GU chocolate flavor for dinner every night. I'm not a big sweets person, but that stuff is like crack to me. I'll have to try the salted caramel!

Yep. Reminds me of chocolate cake or frosting. Too good to not have as a snack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just tried it a few weeks ago. Good stuff. I like the caramel or chocolate flavored type during swimming or rides; I like the fruitier flavors during runs.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Gu Salted Caramel - Nectar of the Gods! [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know of only one way to ruin caramel and that is adding salt to it.
Quote Reply
Re: Gu Salted Caramel - Nectar of the Gods! [Yeeper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Yep. Reminds me of chocolate cake or frosting. Too good to not have as a snack

I think they taste like brownie batter.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: Gu Salted Caramel - Nectar of the Gods! [stodr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I know of only one way to ruin caramel and that is adding salt to it.

The salty flavor is surprisingly nice for mid-workout.

Quote Reply
Re: Gu Salted Caramel - Nectar of the Gods! [trifan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trifan wrote:
For those old enough to remember, the peanut butter Gu's taste just like those peanut butter astronaut tootsie-roll-like sticks you could buy in the 70s. The first time I tried the GU, I was instantly transported back in time.

Those sticks were the schitt!!!

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Gu Salted Caramel - Nectar of the Gods! [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
trifan wrote:

Those sticks were the schitt!!!

Space Food Sticks!! Not the most imaginative product name, but they were tradeable for anything at lunchtime.
Quote Reply