Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gross pool stories
Quote | Reply
Tibb's thread on pool cost and usage led to one guy calling a pool "skanky"

Heck, I've got time so here's a skanky pool story: There's a 40yd outdoor pool (yes, strange distance) in Medford, OR where we (local club kids 10-18) trained every summer and we always found turds in it. Homeless guys used it for their "ablutions." Just a couple summers ago the local high school-age lifeguards had to retrieve a body from it early one morning, so I guess it hasn't changed much in 15 years ...

I also recall encountering a few very thirsty mice swimming suffering from the effects of D-Con in the pool where I learned to swim in Colorado.

Anyone have some better stories?

-TB
Quote Reply
Re: Gross pool stories [tbinmt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used to spend my summers lifeguarding in the inner city to help pay for college expenses. The maitenance staff got to be rather immune to anything gross over the summer, but occasionally they'd see the truly freaky.

It's been ten plus years now, but I still remember about the pool workers who showed up one morning at a pool in a rather isolated location and discovered that a what they assumed were a bunch of teenagers posing as Satanist wannabes had left a disemboweled raccoon on the pool deck, entrails strewn all about.
Quote Reply
Re: Gross pool stories [FLA Jill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whoa!! Reminds me of some of the roadkill I saw lately.

Better on the deck than in the pool, I guess.

What makes them "wannabes?" Do you have to do something worse to be a real Satanist?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't have any better stories, but I salute you for using the word "ablution".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've read a bit on the Church of Satan. According to their position papers, the only time you're allowed to harm animals is if they're attacking you, or if it's for food.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm the skanky pool guy (no, wait.....make that the guy from the skanky pool), and I ASSUMED the suspended clumps were hair, but now you've got me wondering.........
Quote Reply
Re: Gross pool stories [longspur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Lets see so many stories so little time. There was a cow in a back yard pool we had to build a ramp to get out . Cows don't save it fro the rest room. In Fla I had to cancel swim practice cause of a gator in the pool, and he/she was pissed.
In spring cleaning an outdoor, Y pool a bullfrog climbed up my jeans leg while standing in foot deep green muck. We had killed two snakes earlier in the week. I missed it by an hour but the morning guard pulled out a dead guy. Got lots more gully trout , and tampax stories. No need to tell G
Quote Reply