Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Great distance athletes of the CPA in Iraq: Amb. Bremer
Quote | Reply
The PFC Lynch/Iraq thread, and the fact that this site is devoted to distance athletes, got me thinking...

Wonder how many folks know what a terrific amateur athlete CPA Administrator Jerry (Paul) Bremer is.

At the age of ~50, he ran a 3:00:34 Boston Marathon. He blames a heavy backlog at the start in Hopkinton for keeping him from going under 3 hours; says with a rueful smirk that he'll take those 35 seconds to the grave with him.

He still runs daily at dawn -- there's a reason he doesn't look anything like his 61 years, despite the stress and hours he deals with.

Bremer started running marathons while he was already Ambassador at Large for Counterterrorism, precisely to deal with the stress. Visited his DC office at Marsh in '01 while he was president of a subsidiary there -- in the corner was the bike he commuted to/from Bethesda every day on.

How many CEOs (in DC or anywhere) do that?
Quote Reply
Re: Great distance athletes of the CPA in Iraq: Amb. Bremer [alpdhuez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That guy does not look 61! He's older than me and looks 20 years younger. Bummer.... Of course, having a full head of black hair helps. :), On the up side, I don't have his job. And thank God for that.... That job will age him 20 years in one year...if he survives the crazies over there.

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply