Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Great New Clothing Company
Quote | Reply
Hey everyone,

I bought some of their stuff after stumbling upon them through a pro's website.

I tried it on and it is the best clothing I have ever worn, especially the compression shorts and the undershirts. It really out-perfroms others like Castelli and Voler, etc... I really liked the running sock too, although I did not really fancy the bike sock- I like to go sockless when riding.

They have a very cool line and cater to both men and women. Just thought I'd let you all know!

Here is the link:

http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?yhst-6608495715390+AV8ALX+index.html+

It's called Zensah.

STG
Last edited by: SuperTriGeek: Oct 19, 05 10:35
Quote Reply
Re: Great New Clothing Company [SuperTriGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Gang????
Quote Reply
Re: Great New Clothing Company [rover] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know what you are talking about ;-)

STG
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your first post and it is a testimonial for a new product. No name or location in your profile. There is a classified section of Slowtwitch where this post should go.

Dave
Last edited by: Hinds57: Oct 19, 05 10:28
Quote Reply
Re: Great New Clothing Company [Hinds57] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave - not really.

I am not trying to sell, or in any way, will profit from anything they sell. So there ya go.

I am trying to perform a public service here and recommending something good, geez!

STG
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you know that one of the really nice things about this forum is that we have a spell check? It doesn't cost anything to use it.
Last edited by: beatnic_tx: Oct 19, 05 10:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting this link, I'd never heard of them before.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used some of their base layer clothing and it is very nice. Recommended.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Told ya they were good.

Tom Demerly himself is recommending them!

:-)

STG
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have tried their stuff too and own the socks, sleeveless, short sleeve and full sleeves. I really like it, great as an underlayer or only layer when the weather permits.

I am an sponsored athlete, so take what I say with a grain of salt, although I dont usually represent companies whose products I dont use and believe in.

Worth checking out.

Ciao,

http://www.Felipe-Bastos.com
--------------------------------------------
Blog: felipebastos.blogspot.com
Facebook: facebook.com/felipebastos
Twitter: @felipebastos1
Quote Reply
Re: Great New Clothing Company [Felipe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Felipe,

It was your website I came across and found the Zensah stuff. Thanks for indirectly linking me to them.

I am going to order some more of their clothing really soon for the winter months.

I saw that you are racing IMFL - good luck!

STG
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are planning on ordering more of their awesome clothing, go ahead and use this code:

fb30

It is for 30% OFF anything on their website. Same goes for anyone here on Slowtwitchia.

Enjoy the coupon and ride warm this winter.

Thanks for the good wishes. I will need it for IMFL. Lots of studs on the field, it seems.

Ciao,

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, the owner/developer had the development team I was on try some of his samples on and give him feedback. He had a long way to go a year ago, but it is good to hear that he has had success. I will have to check the new and improved clothes out.

http://www.GearforMultisport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks felipe... i've just ordered the black "zensah" hat. good luck at IMFL.. kick it!!
Quote Reply
Re: Great New Clothing Company [oc3ram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Marco,

I am sure you will love the hat. I have a black one as well, and got one a pink one for my girlfriend and she loves it. Pink is the new thing for girls, and I think that it would be a great gift for someone you know who is into tri's.

Hope you and the other slowtwitchers enjoyed the 30% OFF coupon and you may continue using it for your Christmas shopping. It looks like IMFL might be a bit on the cold side, at least for us floridians, so I am going to make sure I bring a few pieces of their garments with me to Panama City.

Ciao,

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool name.

Best wishes to them.

The apparel market is getting pretty crowded these days. It's a tough market to break into I am sure.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Great New Clothing Company [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck,

You are absolutely right. To break into the tri clothing market, and succeed at it, a company needs more than just cute clothes. And they offer that.

There is a lot of research in their clothing and they were developed after a lot of testing ( a good part of it done in Israel).

Ciao,

Last edited by: Felipe: Oct 27, 05 22:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool - might just have to try some of their stuff now. Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------
Searching for the bliss of ultimate exertion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're looking for best available triathlon racing apparel, go there :

www.kiwami.fr
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting the link. I could care less if this is your first post or not. This is an open forum and we are free to choose whichever threads we desire to read. I don't think it belongs in the classified section at all. Looks like some cool clothing. Keep posting, that is if you can take the heat around here ;)

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
About 10 years ago the technical apparel market for bike, run and tri was not that big. Over the next 5 years it exploded! Back then the technical fabrics were very expensive and you could sell the gear at a premium with great margins. However, like everything now it has come full circle and the technical synthetic fabrics have dropped considerably in price and the technical apperal is available everywhere. When you see tech-running shirts being blown out in Winners and places like that for $14.99 or given out for "free" at races, you know that the game is just about over.

Fleck

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fleck,

the clothing Zensah makes is very diferent that a Dri-Fit or Coolmax shirt. Think Craft or Under Armour's undershirts. That is more comparable, although I own both and still think Zensah's is better.

I believe there is an element of Silver ( as in "Ag") on their clothing, which makes it so high tech and able to perform so well.

Hope that clarifies it a bit.

Ciao,

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I worked for Sugoi during that exciting time that I mentioned( 97 - 01) when the business was exploding and we did some testing with fabrics that had silver in them. I still have a few of the test garments. It was outrageously expensive back then. Perhaps the price has come down.

I don't know the Zensah line at all, but I do know that there is a difference between say what Craft does and some other mass producer of technical apparel. You can see and feel the difference. But like many things it's the lowest common denominator that drags everything else down. Faced with a tech T-shirt for $14.99 vs $49.99, guess where the business is going to go after we have reached the tipping point that we have.

Fleck

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fleck,

I didn't quite get your point at the end of the message.

Are you saying the triathlon clothing business is doomed, or that is donesn't have room for new players?

I read your statement a few times and couldn't absorb the main idea - care to explain a bit more? I am very interested.

Ciao,

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The point is the same as what I first stated - it's way harder now to break into this market now than it was 5 - 10 years ago. Key reasons:

- More players competitors

- If they are giving away for "free" technical t shirts at races that brings the value of the product down overall. Althuogh, if the give-away is really bad it can work in reverse, but everyone seems to be doing a good job. The bar has been raised on the production side.

- If good quality technical apparel is making it's way into big discount places like Winners amd the like, then tha market is reaching a point of saturation. That's never a good thing

Back in 1997 almost no one was making serious technical apperal for runners. There were a few players, but the stuff was either outrageously expensive or aweful or both. Sugoi started something new - make great quality technical apparel with the best fabrics, with cutting edge style and offer it at a moderate to high price. Along with a gaurenteed delivery to retailers( something no one else was doing at the time), we could not make the stuff fast enough back then!! I suspect that if you tried to do this now, you would be met with a shrug of the shoulders from retailers because they have heard/seen it all before. A new player would have to come up with the SERIOUS differentiator that retailers REALLY bought into.

Fleck

Quote Reply

Prev Next