Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Grail cockpit
Quote | Reply
I have some wrist arthritis, so I am a bit leery about riding gravel. Do people feel like the unique handlebar/cockpit on the grail adds significant dampening?
Quote Reply
Re: Grail cockpit [gdona] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My hands are significantly more comfortable on the Grail than on my race/road bike - owing probably at least in part to the different fit. I do take breaks where I use the top bar and it does provide some damping. Would probably be more noticeable in someone heavier... I'm a smaller-sized female.
Quote Reply
Re: Grail cockpit [gdona] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can’t comment on the grail but previously I had the redshift sports shockstop stem which worked very well. I currently have a lauf true grit bike which has their leaf spring fork and that also works well.
Quote Reply
Re: Grail cockpit [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:
I can’t comment on the grail but previously I had the redshift sports shockstop stem which worked very well. I currently have a lauf true grit bike which has their leaf spring fork and that also works well.
How do you like the Lauf? I'm seriously considering getting one. The bottle opener is a nice touch for beer emergencies
Quote Reply
Re: Grail cockpit [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumble Bee wrote:
mickison wrote:
How do you like the Lauf? I'm seriously considering getting one. The bottle opener is a nice touch for beer emergencies

I love my lauf. I’ve had it since last November. My previous gravel bike was fairly heavy raleigh Tamland 1. I liked the Raleigh but going to the lauf the weight was very noticeable. But I really like the lauf. I know some people don’t like the looks of the fork but I get a lot of questions about it. I enjoy the bike. Even more once I got a bike fit and dialed my fit in.
Quote Reply