Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Good rides/runs/hikes in Scottsdale, AZ?
Quote | Reply
I'm heading down to Scottsdale for a 4-day business conference and should have time to slip in a couple of rides and runs. Would also like to go on a hike with some colleagues. Any suggested routes?

Gracias,

'wolf

Quote | Reply
too much to see/do in a few days, but here's a few:

Hikes:

pinnacle peak park in scottsdale (alma school rd at Jomax Road) - 2.5 miles or so each way, steep in parts but great desert and views. Plus it's next to a great restaurant- (sassi) - where I work. About an hour to 90 mins hike.

Cave Creek Park in north Phoneix - try the Go John trail, about 6 miles, also lots of desert, more remote than P. Peak. Couple of hours.

Bike rides- try bicycle ranch, landis or pinnacle peak cyclery. I know Pinnacle Peak Cyclery rents mtn bikes and Pima- Dynamite is only a few minutes away. Great road riding all over cave creek, north scottsdale area, as easy or hard as you like.

All host various rides, this weekend is SOMA half iron so schedules might be off. IF you come weekdays landis has a ride on Tuesdays and I think thursdays.

Pima- Dynamite Road corner- great mtn biking.- "100 miles of singletrack"

Brown' Ranch- north end of Alma School Rd in north scottsdale- mtn bike or hike as far as you want, but it's about 2-3 miles back to the old ranch site. not much left but you can scramble up the (small) mtn itself from there.

Many many more. try me at stephenp at sassi.biz if you want, i'll buy you a drink at the restaurantl.

sp

don't just do something..... sit there
Quote Reply
Re: Good rides/runs/hikes in Scottsdale, AZ? [direwolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Camelback Mountain is a great hike -- technical enough to make it a bit more exciting than an ordinary hike, plus it's in the middle of the city so it's easy to get to. Papago Park, which you'll see flying in, is also really nice.

Running along the Scottsdale greenbelt is a local favorite. This is a strip of land that runs about 10 miles north/south. A good place to start is at the corner of Indian School and Hayden, although there are many, many entry points.

Not sure about biking as I didn't do any when I lived there. But you should definitely check out the racers at the SOMA Half if your travels take you there!
Quote Reply