Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Good news for PowerCranks today ...
Quote | Reply
Got an order today for 11 sets from Team CSC, 9 for riders (2 in the UCI top 50) and 2 for directors. When they ship their names will show up on the web page. Today I have a toothy grin.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: Good news for PowerCranks today ... [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that is cool. nice going, mr day!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SWEEET!!! CSC of all teams. Lucky bastard.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's a sucker born every moment. In this case...eleven of em'.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy crap! Congrats, Frank.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations Frank !

Love your product!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got an order today for 11 sets from Team CSC

So let's see . . . Team CSC just ordered a bunch of powercranks . . . hmmm . . . Team CSC rides Cervelos . . .

I think you've probably caused the brains of 50-60% of slowtwitchers to seize up in vapor lock.

Congrats!

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First I get a cervelo. Then CSC does. Then I get powercranks. Now CSC gets them as well. Damnit! Bijarne Riis is stalking me again!

-C

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Good news for PowerCranks today ... [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus opines, "I think you've probably caused the brains of 50-60% of slowtwitchers to seize up in vapor lock. "

LOL !! my thoughts exactly. i guess bjarne and the fella's will accept anecdotal reports, and personal experience over the ridiculous ramblings of a few pathetically and inexplicably self-impressed and self-appointed guru's of "bicycle science". imagine !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do they get your famous 90 day guarantee?

Congratulations, Dr. Day!

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Re: Good news for PowerCranks today ... [Titan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Do they get your famous 90 day guarantee? [/reply]

Of course, everyone does. Gee, maybe they will just use them between now and the TDF then send them back. Now I am worried. :-)

And, I wonder what Gerard is thinking. I'm imagining . . . "I wonder if it is possible for PC's to give Basso the edge he needs in three months". I am not sure what Gerard thinks of PC's but if he believes I suspect he has a big grin on his face right now also.

Anyhow, the big deal to me isn't so much the riders, we have plenty of good riders, but the directors are interested in learning about them. If the directors understand the things then the riders will be encouraged to use them properly for the best benefit, not just training as usual.

--------------
Frank,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Frank, do you really think that a high caliber team is going to train exclusively on the PC's from now until the start of the tour? Throw all caution to the wind and experiment? I see them being used sparingly as a training tool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Clearly CSC is looking to improve their running.

BTW, it turns out that a stationary bike I sort of have access to has them. That was a shocker to see.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am interest in your comment about using them correctly and not just for normal training. I would like to get the most out of my cranks - Become as fast as my genetics allow - Should i be training differently than I would on standard cranks? Is there a possibility of a Powercrank training book?

I have heard the Bjarne Riis is a big on finding the best equipment I remember he rode those power pedals
Quote Reply
Re: Good news for PowerCranks today ... [Niles Standish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Frank, do you really think that a high caliber team is going to train exclusively on the PC's from now until the start of the tour? Throw all caution to the wind and experiment? I see them being used sparingly as a training tool.[/reply]

Of course not. Although they are doing this because of reports they are getting from riders they know, not from the anecdotal reports posted here. Also, I think we have learned how to integrate them into their programs without too much fuss if they are motivated. Another elite is reporting to us he starts every workout on PC's, does as much as he can, changes to his regular cranks bike, completes the workout, then finishes up every workout with a PC ride. That seems like the perfect way for these folks to adapt as fast as possible without hurting their racing.

However, it isn't so important because with the directors getting on them they can learn for themselves what they should be able to expect out of their team and integrate them into what they think is the best benefit instead of hearing stories of how hard they are, etc. etc. and being afraid of them. Expect the big changes to occur next year. I predict that if we have an effect this year in the TDF it will be small and seen mostly in the mountain stages. That might be enough for someone like Basso.

--------------
Frank,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WHAT'S A POWERCRANK??

---------------------------------------------------
Holden Cain, ObGyn..."People pulling people out of people"
Quote Reply
Re: Good news for PowerCranks today ... [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]I am interest in your comment about using them correctly and not just for normal training. I would like to get the most out of my cranks - Become as fast as my genetics allow - Should i be training differently than I would on standard cranks? Is there a possibility of a Powercrank training book?

I have heard the Bjarne Riis is a big on finding the best equipment I remember he rode those power pedals[/reply]

I think using them correctly is using them in normal training (at least for cyclists), at least after one has adapted. It is not possible to do "normal" training on them until one has adapted, 4-12 weeks for most. It seems the elites tend to adapt a little quicker than us ordinary folks. I am not sure what is optimum for runners yet although i have some ideas. Right now my suggestion is they cut their running time in half and do the other half on PC's.

The manual that comes with the cranks does have some training hints and you can download it from the site. In addition, several of our more experienced and enthusiastic coaches are also authors and it would not surprise me to see them authoring a PC training book sometime in the future.

--------------
Frank,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump.

Saving Frank the trouble and making sure this stays on the first page.
Quote Reply
Re: Good news for PowerCranks today ... [JustCurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you know, a fella almost feels sorry for the anti-PCers on a day like this. not only did bjarne decide to listen to riders who have used PC's over a bunch of silly self appointed know-it-alls on a triathlon forum .( a true wonder, that . . . ) . . . . . . . . . . . . but in doing so he left them with little to prattle on about except quibbling over mr day's forum posting habits, or minutia details of how much basso will use them.

i can see perfection and the committee and who-all sitting around a bar in the seedy part of town, just longing for the days when they could post endless streams of irrelevant studies and sorta think people might be impressed . . . . . . . . .it is sad. say dudes, have a round on me, hey.
Quote Reply
Re: Good news for PowerCranks today ... [t-t-n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From Roadcycling.com:

"Reports in Belgian newspaper, Het Nieuwsblad, alleged that Danish Team CSC is currently experiencing financial difficulties and that the team’s riders will only receive half of their pay until the end of March. Riders have been given permission to open discussions with other teams if they were able to negotiate a better deal. The team who advised that a full apology was to follow from the newspaper denied the allegations."

Hope Frank makes sure the check clears before he sends out those PC's.

Maybe the plan is to stiff Frank and sell the PC's on E-Bay for some extra cash.
Last edited by: JustCurious: Mar 15, 05 14:41
Quote Reply
Re: Good news for PowerCranks today ... [t-t-n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i guess bjarne and the fella's will accept anecdotal reports, and personal experience over the ridiculous ramblings of a few pathetically and inexplicably self-impressed and self-appointed guru's of "bicycle science". imagine !

--------

Imagine the commotion if Basso does better than expected at a TdF Time trial this year. I for one can't wait. Maybe it'll keep people from posting spoilers...

Josef
-------
blog
Quote Reply
Re: Good news for PowerCranks today ... [JoB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Imagine the commotion if Basso does better than expected at a TdF Time trial this year. I for one can't wait. Maybe it'll keep people from posting spoilers...

That's only if Basso shows up on the right day.......
Quote Reply
Re: Good news for PowerCranks today ... [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exactly - if he tanks it, I wonder how many of the fine folks who insist on scientific validation of PCs are going to bash Frank D for Basso tanking. As a 'Neutral', I can't lose! :-)

Josef
-------
blog
Quote Reply
Re: Good news for PowerCranks today ... [JoB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what difference does it make on who got on Powercranks? How do you know that they are going to use them correctly? What if the whole team fails to place top 10, will you take credit for that? BTW, don't you have better places to do advertising/marketing other than here! Put your money where your mouth is and let's see some great ads on every single magazine out there and maybe I will be impressed by your product and company.
Last edited by: roundpedaler: Mar 15, 05 19:53
Quote Reply
Re: Good news for PowerCranks today ... [roundpedaler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome to Slowtwitch! Is this a friendly place or what! Anyhow, lay off the caffeine, dude. Don't want to shoot your wad on the 2nd post you make on this forum, ya know? Unless you're the obnoxiuos guy from the other day w/ a different ID. Whatever. I THINK you want to send this to Frank, but we're all friends here, so I'll answer anyways (Frank, you're welcome).

what difference does it make on who got on Powercranks?
--> Makes little difference to me. However, if Bjarne Riis orders himself a dozen, I take note.

How do you know that they are going to use them correctly?
--> Well, they're professional cyclists, so mild cognitive impairment is pretty much a given I assume. Your point?

What if the whole team fails to place top 10, will you take credit for that?
--> Sure! Julich's 11th place in the 2005 Tour - that was all me, man. I'd love to, but I don't ride, own, work for, or am otherwise involved with PowerCranks. I think theyre interesting though, although I'm not (yet) willing to caugh up the cash.

BTW, don't you have better places to do advertising/marketing other than here! Put your money where your mouth is and let's see some great ads on every single magazine out there and maybe I will be impressed by your product and company.
--> You seem angry. Saddle sores? Anyways, that argument has holes big enough to drive a bus through it. Oy.

Josef

Josef
-------
blog
Quote Reply

Prev Next