Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Going to be another stunning day here in NorCal...
Quote | Reply
I'm going to be out on the Bay in my sea kayak (nice and flat with the slight offshore blowing); going out to Angel Island from the Richmond Marina.

Did a brick yesterday out on the Bay Trail. Days like these make the property prices a little easier to swallow.

Mr. Uncaptured External Costs

Fossil carbon is planetary poison.
Quote Reply
Re: Going to be another stunning day here in NorCal... [tim-mech] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where about i NorCal is it a beauty?
Quote Reply
Re: Going to be another stunning day here in NorCal... [LSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would be just about everywhere at the moment from say, Monterey Bay to the south all the way up to Humbolt Bay in the north. But today I'll only be enjoying the Central San Francisco Bay with dominating views of the Golden Gate bridge, Alcatraz Island, and Mt. Tamalpias.

What's it like where you are (which is where exactly)?

Quote Reply
Re: Going to be another stunning day here in NorCal... [tim-mech] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We are riding out of Lucas Valley, maybe to Pt. Reyes, maybe to Marshall. We'll see how my legs feel. Dinner in North Beach tonight.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Going to be another stunning day here in NorCal... [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do love Marin road rides. Have a cookie at Bovine Bakery for me.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's another wet and horrible day here in Scotland. How I envy you !!!
Quote Reply
Re: Going to be another stunning day here in NorCal... [LSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I rode my bike all over Britain in 1988 including a three weeks in Scotland. I crossed the border in Carlisle and worked my way north to Inverness and then down and over to the east through Edinburough (sp?).

Climbed Ben Nevis in my runners on a sleeting May day and almost became a statistic.

My memory of Scotland (besides the wonderful people and stunningly beautiful women) was riding uphill, into a headwind, in the driving rain, every single mile.

I think we get soft here; too much of the good life coupled with mild weather. Makes training all the more of a requirement.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it is a fabulous and snowy perfect-skiing 28 degrees in wisconsin. xc ski trails are fast and smooth, the x-mas decorations have a gentle shelf of beautiful white on them like a postcard. later today we will stomp out into the snow and hack down an x-mas tree like the Walton's Family Christmas

bikes are packed far away in the lab with various bits of old and new parts lying about waiting for me to get to them, ski wax-iron is giving off the sweet aroma of flourocarbon, as God intended.

why anybody would want to drone on in one season all the time is beyond me. viva le difference.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Going to be another stunning day here in NorCal... [Martin C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doesn't count, martin.

living and training where it is freaking nice all the time is like playing football with girls.

it is fun, and it certainly has more than its share of attractions - but at the end of the day it is still not football.

better to live in the real thing, and take a vaca if ya need ta. you know it.

:) :)
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zero visibility tule fog here again. I hate you coastal people.

Quote | Reply
Not bad down here in So. Cal. Sorry but I hope you guys get rain I am going to Mammoth. Let it snow!

Train safe Bob

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Damn you", he shouted, fist in the air, as he prepared to go for yet another sub-freezing run. "Damn you."

-C

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Going to be another stunning day here in NorCal... [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmmm...I like the cold. It helps me indulge my fantasy that I'm the only ridiculous lunatic out training and getting better...like yesterday when I hit out on the road bike in 18 deg weather.
Quote Reply
Re: Going to be another stunning day here in NorCal... [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MARSHALL!! That was my old route! :) It's georgeous in San Diego this morning. I slept in until 10a and just now heading out on the bike!! Haven't done a thing since the Vegas marathon weekend, so I think it's about time I get my butt moving! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Going to be another stunning day here in NorCal... [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]zero visibility tule fog here again. I hate you coastal people.[/reply]

Don't worry. I will complaining loudly in June/July/August when it's FREEZING and foggy here!

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swam at Coyote Pt this morning. Water temp 52 degrees. Not too bad with a wetsuit hat. I love Nor Cal!

"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country" JFK - Replace 'country' with the company you work for, friends, family, and strangers and the world will be a much better place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Um, yeah. Thanks.

Did a 50 mile ride yesterday and the high was 21 degrees F. It was 16 degrees F when I left the house.

Did another 40 today and it felt like spring with a high of 29. Aside from the wind, which probably made it about 5 degrees.

You don't know how good you've got it.
Quote Reply
Re: Going to be another stunning day here in NorCal... [jhendric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, I'm back. What a relief.

The Bay felt sweet but the high clouds knocked the sun down some. Wind kicked up a little near the end too. Happy and tired. Good to be back on terra firma.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes but then it is 105 here. I still hate you

Quote | Reply
Yes, Nor Cal sucks, don't come here, stay in the polar ice cap. It was a fantastic day in Palo Alto hills/ LaHonda today. Rode from woodside, up Page Mill Rd. (arrrgh!), down skyline and up to La Honda ( Home of the wold famous "Alice's Restraunt", then back into woodside for a barrel tasting and pot luck picnic. We had 5 kinds of Cheese, home made preserved pickles and brandies apricots a friend made, a three wine barrel tasting with the wine maker, a vertical tasting of Zinfandels from 1993-96 (older one's were past their prime but it was fun nonetheless). The port and dark chocolate and Chocolate cake was fun too.

So how was the Northeast or Midwest today folks?

Dave Stark
dreamcatcher@astound.net
USAC & USAT level 2 certified coach
Quote Reply
Re: Going to be another stunning day here in NorCal... [karma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The central valley out cultured you guys tonight

http://www.aroyalchristmas.com/index.htm

What a show!

Quote | Reply
speaking of norcal...i'm looking at UC Davis med school...what can you tell me about the area?

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; Champions do it when they don't."
Quote Reply
Re: Going to be another stunning day here in NorCal... [krgregg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm from vacaville which is about 20 min from davis. i love riding around here! davis itself is a bit more into the valley and flat as can be, but if you head to the west there are gorgeous hills. the whole lake berryessa area is beautiful and has good roads for riding. look on google maps and you'll see a lot of good ride options. also, i like the town of davis. its got a nice downtown area (in a smalltown sort of way) is pretty student friendly. if you want to know anything else let me know.
Quote Reply