Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Global Flyer crossing Arizona
Quote | Reply
Fosset is crossing arizona and headed home looks like he will make it. If he doesn't he'll only be a couple hundred miles off. Which is like "almost" winning the race I guess.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: Global Flyer crossing Arizona [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if this fuel "crisis" was more than what it really was in order to bring more coverage and insert a bit of semantics into the feat.

Knowing the egos of the men involved, it's highly likely.
Quote Reply
Re: Global Flyer crossing Arizona [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I concur. It may have been going TOO WELL and no one was noticing.

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man, I think he's gonna make it. That is huge. It pretty much makes my week. Very exciting. Awesome.

And for all the people who were critical of his attempt I would ask one question: So what have you done?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Global Flyer crossing Arizona [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Weird...I would have thought the news that Denise Richards and Charlie Sheen would have made your week even more!
Quote Reply
Re: Global Flyer crossing Arizona [Terry in MN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I heard about that. Kind of sad actually. I thought they were a nice couple. It's always sad when something doesn't work out. Really sad actually.

Did I read she is pregnant with her second child? I feel bad for them, what a mess. Two talented people....

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I made it non-stop from the bedroom to the bathroom without tripping over any of the three cats.

This is awsome... consider the altitude, the minimal control surfaces, and the fuel weight at T/O, the constant attention to stability issues throughout the flight as the fuel is consumed. This may not be a coffin corner issue like the U2 or the SR 71 however the envelope this flight took place in was very demanding.
Jay

Jay
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I think she is 6 months pregnant. And what is interesting is that SHE is the one who filed for divorce. Charlie must have really done something to screw up...not that it is entirely surprising given his past. I doubt too many people thought they would last very long, kids or no kids.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ah,, impossible to say, but if I were married to her suffice it to say I'd prolly stick around....

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like Fosset will touch down about 3:17pm local time (michigan)

Jim

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope I can get the live feed.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
<< but if I were married to her suffice it to say I'd prolly stick around.... >>

Best quote about really HOT women I ever heard:

"No matter how hot she is, somewhere there is some guy who is sick of putting up with her shit." ;-)

That being said, I would bet that something (or someone) Charlie did is the reason they are splitting. He's got a pretty extensive track record.

Back on topic - I guess they had enuff fuel after all. Wonder if it ever really was an issue, or just clever marketing with a trace of hype?

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope I can get the live fee

------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm gonna go to the library and watch, no sound but I still haven't dropped the dough for broadband.

Jim

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The whole fuel thing was a come-on to generate interest. Since there is basically, none.
Quote Reply