Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Giro TT helmet will be on sale next year [duncan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ahhh you tease ;-)...damn!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the thing that was weird - a bunch of pro's raced with those in north american races this year, even though they weren't technically allowed.

-----
"I do my best to slay" - Matt Pike
Quote Reply
Re: Giro TT helmet will be on sale next year [fireface] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
the thing that was weird - a bunch of pro's raced with those in north american races this year, even though they weren't technically allowed.
I imagine that these were NRC or International events which would be conducted, or expected to adhere to UCI rules. On the other hand, it is possible that with LG, Rudy, and Limar having introduced new TT helmets in the US this year, officials did not think it necessary to check!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Re: Giro TT helmet will be on sale next year [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nah - 1/2 ironman california, wildflower and a few others had several pro's with those helmets (specifically the giro) none were UCI

I imagine they just fell through the holes - no one checked.

Although - at the lifetime fitness tri, I believe it was greg bennett or some pro - almost wasnt allowed to race because he brought one of these helmets. He ended up borrowing a helmet from a spectator / age grouper.

-----
"I do my best to slay" - Matt Pike
Quote Reply
Re: Giro TT helmet will be on sale next year [fireface] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IIRC, it depends on who is sanctioning the race. I think USAT requires the helmet to meet one of the various US certification standards, but GTG only requires that the helmet meet some recognized standard somewhere in the world. But, that doesn't quite fit with the list below as HIM California was at the time and Wildflower is USAT sanctioned?

Indeed, some races are pretty lax about verifying the eligibility of your helmet. I suspect I could wear just about any helmet here in Ontario and be okay as I've seen some pretty old lids that I swear are out of the 80's here at some races.

Could be that I recall the rules incorrectly, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Andrew
Quote Reply
Re: Giro TT helmet will be on sale next year [AJK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anything's ok if the ref's don't check. ;-) So, it's likely that folks have seen the Euro-only helmets from time to time.

Non-CPSC approved helmets are NOT allowed at USAT-sanctioned events. M-dots aren't sanctioned anymore, and they explicitly allow the Euro-helmets.

If you have a Giro or Bell from Europe and bring it, just have a backup in case they pull your TT helmet.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro TT helmet will be on sale next year [Ashburn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Anything's ok if the ref's don't check. ;-)
Does that apply to doping, too?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Anything's ok if the ref's don't check. ;-)
Does that apply to doping, too?

No -- it only applies to those who take posts on Slowtwitch too seriously.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Specialized aero helmet for sale. I had it shipped to me from England because it is not sold in the US. It doesn't fit right. It has never been worn for a ride...I just tried it on, it didn't feel right, so it has been sitting in my garage for 6 months. So, if anyone is interested, PM me. If not, it goes on Ebay in the next two weeks. It is red and size Medium. I think I paid around $160 with all the shipping and everything.

[/url]

Andy

Andy

'You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Thinsg Are As They Are.'
Quote Reply