Re: Giro TT Predictions (Thursday) [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1.levi
2.me
3.torbjorn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think Levi and Rogers battle it out for the stage win, but Di Luca stays in Pink.

Lance finishes like 4th-7th.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Menchov

DiLuca rides well enough to keep the maglia rosa.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro TT Predictions (Thursday) [bad929] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a thought,neither Dave Z. or Fabian have done anything to this point. I wonder if 1.they have been saving themselves for this and 2 do they have it in them to win on this course? I agree with lance being back a few places.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro TT Predictions (Thursday) [bpcbuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The problem is, this isnt really a TT course, or as the usual TT course is. It seems this is more or less a up and down route, with some climbs and serious descends. I mean, when you have a TT and you have riders not even riding TT bikes, I think it kinda defeats the purpose.

I think Menchov, Basso, Levi, Di Luca and Rogers, Cancellara and Lance make top 7. I think Basso, Rogers or Levi get the stage win.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
Last edited by: bad929: May 20, 09 20:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The problem is, this isnt really a TT course, or as the usual TT course is. It seems this is more or less a up and down route, with some climbs and serious descends. I mean, when you have a TT and you have riders not even riding TT bikes, I think it kinda defeats the purpose.

a time trial is about racing the clock

it is not about racing on flat or boring roads

=)
Quote Reply
Re: Giro TT Predictions (Thursday) [AeroWeenie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True, but I just dont think this is the usual kind of TT course where you can get in your aero for 98% of the time and just put out power. Thats what I meant by my comments.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Levi doesn't descend well enough to win this.

Honestly, and I'm not a Lance fanboi, but this is a perfect course for him. He climbs, descends, and TTs well, and he has looked pretty good over the last few days.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro TT Predictions (Thursday) [Flak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dunno. Lance has been getting better, but he's still nowhere near people like Basso and Levi. In terms of tomorrow's course, I'd say Basso is a safe pick for the podium, but I'm really pulling for Levi to do something special tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm calling the field on the this one, although the major players will be up there but I think an outsider like Suitsui? Gustov, or Popo is going to sneak in the win.

I hate the guy, but I think Menchov is perfectly suited for this, and Levi will be top 5
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If Levi wants any shot of winning the Giro, he better take every chance in this TT. He needs to make up alot of the time, and tomorrow is the perfect and really only place to do it.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where are you getting Giro TV coverage
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
whatever bikes they choose to ride in the time trial will be therefore "time trial bikes".

You don't build the event around the bike, you build the bike (and your pacing, your decisions, your feuling, etc.) around the event.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Giro TT Predictions (Thursday) [bpcbuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave Z may have it in him...but methinks it is a hill too far for Spartacus
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lance! and he'll win the yellow jersey to top it off. he's just sitting in 7th place (based on Universal Sports daily standings shown on TV) Livestrong!!! ;-0

Now seriously, not sure the order but top 5 are Levi, Rogers, Bruzeghin, Basso, Di Luca. Cancellara and Dave Z won't make top 20.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro TT Predictions (Thursday) [OC Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only the jersey is Pink
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let me see...

1 - Bruseghin
2 - Leipheimer
3 - Menchov

Menchov in pink as Di Luca will lose over 2min to him and Leipheimer.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: Giro TT Predictions (Thursday) [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Let me see...

1 - Bruseghin
2 - Leipheimer
3 - Menchov

Menchov in pink as Di Luca will lose over 2min to him and Leipheimer.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro TT Predictions (Thursday) [Gwest] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it even on tele?
Quote Reply
Re: Giro TT Predictions (Thursday) [irodetoday] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.universalsports.com/ Online coverage. Learned about it here on Slowtwtich. David K
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will go:

1 Levi
2 Menchov +:20
3 Basso +1:00
4 Rogers +1:00
5-7 Lance (if he really goes for it)

Menchov in pink.

I think it will be a toss up between those top 2 with Rogers pretty close. I would like to see changes in the GC after all this. Will Lance go 100% if he is going to be Levi's #1 Lt?

And I won't mind seeing Simoni drop from the top 10 either.
Last edited by: cbritri: May 21, 09 4:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is going to be an interesting stage. If Lance is really there to help Levi win, this should be a training day for him and he shouldn't be anywhere near the top ten. He should be saving all of his efforts and energy to help Levi on the climbs in the upcoming stages, not chasing a podium spot on this stage. However, I don't expect that to be the case and he will probably ride this stage in search of a victory.

I have no idea who is going to win this stage and I don't think anyone else does either. With all of the climbing and descending on this stage I believe that a riders who climbs and descend well like Di Luca are going to perform much better than is expected. Even though Rogers said that the TT can't be won on the descents, I think he is wrong about that, I think the descents are going to be the most important part of this race.

So now with all of that said on with my predictions.

1. Basso
2. Armstrong +30
3. Menchow +3:00
4. Rogers + 4:00
5. Di Luca +5:00

I think Levi is going to be somewhere out of the top ten since he seems to under perform in the first TTs in Grand Tours and will end up riding in support of Lance for the rest of the race.
Last edited by: burgerdp: May 21, 09 4:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Di Luca

So the rest don't matter :)
Quote Reply

Prev Next