Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Getting a treadmill (technogym/nordictrack)
Quote | Reply
I am assessing all the various options to keep on running at home in case the lockdown goes on for weeks or even months here in France. I have identified these treadmills:

- Technogym MyRun

Smaller footprint, ease to self-assemble, quite light (90kgs)

- Nordictrack Commercial (1650, 1750, 2450)

Higher top speed (22 vs 20kmh), lower price

Any experiences with those? How do the motors compare (Technogym claims peak 6.5HP vs continuous 3/4HP for Nordictrack)?

One main point of concern is the self assembly part. Given the context I'd like to be able to do it myself without the delivery guys...

Thanks a lot for your input!

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Last edited by: captainolek: Mar 23, 20 0:20
Quote Reply
Re: Getting a treadmill (technogym/nordictrack) [captainolek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Nordictrack 1750 coming Tuesday. For the under 2k price point it seemed like one of the better buys, other solid choice is the ProForm 2000.

IG: NCGregory8778
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know it's not on your list but I bought a Sole F63 at Christmas and it's a really nice treadmill. It's very solid to me.

It outputs bluetooth so my phone running Zwift just picked it up as a speed source.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a Nordictrack 1750 off a warehouse auction site right before all this hit us. We love it. The mill came in an open box and had been returned. We didn't even know if it would work upon purchase. That's part of the deal. We got it for $400 with tax. Luckily for us it worked. The console wire was damaged and my friend soldered the wires. That was pretty much it. Assembly wasn't too difficult. We had some missing hardware so that was somewhat challenging. Overall the performance is great. It goes up to 12mph, so unless you're doing a lot of high speed intervals that is plenty. My wife loves the preloaded ifit workouts. We might end up subscribing for $15/month if she continues using it. Ifit is really nice if you want to mix up your routine and see different locations from your pain cave.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i bought the nordictrack 2450 and its great no complaints, but if you want to use zwift and make it easier, which I do, spend the extra money if you can afford it. If i were to do it again, i would of bought the technogym instead. So i guess it depends on your needs/wants and how much you want to spend. I belive its almost a $2000 differnce too for the technogym.
Quote Reply
Re: Getting a treadmill (technogym/nordictrack) [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
I know it's not on your list but I bought a Sole F63 at Christmas and it's a really nice treadmill. It's very solid to me.

It outputs bluetooth so my phone running Zwift just picked it up as a speed source.

I definitely checked it but the delivery options for France were limited plus its top speed may be not sufficient...but thanks!

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply
Re: Getting a treadmill (technogym/nordictrack) [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mwanner13 wrote:
Assembly wasn't too difficult. We had some missing hardware so that was somewhat challenging.

Could you please quickly elaborate on the assembly part? How long did it take and with how many people to manipulate it? And how easy would it be to dismantle it and move?

Thanks!

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply
Re: Getting a treadmill (technogym/nordictrack) [RSoquena725] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RSoquena725 wrote:
i bought the nordictrack 2450 and its great no complaints, but if you want to use zwift and make it easier, which I do, spend the extra money if you can afford it. If i were to do it again, i would of bought the technogym instead. So i guess it depends on your needs/wants and how much you want to spend. I belive its almost a $2000 differnce too for the technogym.

Very interesting. Other reasons than Zwift connectivity in favor of the Technogym from your pov?

How easy was it to assemble the 2450 in case you did it on your own?

Thanks

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got my Peloton Tread a couple weeks ago and I have to say im incredibly impressed. Slat-based is a definite upgrade to belt and the thing so far seems to be constructed incredibly well! If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
captainolek wrote:
mwanner13 wrote:
Assembly wasn't too difficult. We had some missing hardware so that was somewhat challenging.

Could you please quickly elaborate on the assembly part? How long did it take and with how many people to manipulate it? And how easy would it be to dismantle it and move?

Thanks!

It was partially assembled in the box already. I did not have to assemble every single piece. My biggest issues were missing hardware and the damaged wire which you won't have to deal with. The hardest part of assembly is installing the hydraulic lever on the bottom of the deck. I was able to hold the deck, while my wife screwed the lever to the deck. That is the one aspect that is a two man job. The rest can be done alone. They say 4 hours for total assembly but that's from scratch. I'd say if I wasn't missing hardware I could have had it put together in a couple hours. Treadmill assembly will be pretty standard across all makes and models most likely.
Quote Reply
Re: Getting a treadmill (technogym/nordictrack) [RSoquena725] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RSoquena725 wrote:

FML...You must really love Zwift for a $2,000 TM upgrade. I think you could use a footpod and sync it with zwift. There was an atricle on ST front page not long ago about pain caves.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We got it through Nordictrack and did the setup delivery. A team of two came and set it up for us. Took them about an hour and when they left, they left the place like they weren't there. took trash and all. I forgot the price difference but i dont think it was much. have friends that did the set up delivery and some that didnt, and all said they were happy with the set up delivery or it would of been easier if they did. But looking at what they did, two person job would make it easier if you plan on setting up yourself.
Quote Reply
Re: Getting a treadmill (technogym/nordictrack) [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like I said, depends on persons budget. Tredmill is being used everyday by either me or my wife. We have a little one and its hard to do anything outdoors right now, especially with this cornavirus going on. Plus being on east coast, indoor training can be the norm. Zwift makes tredmill running entertaining. Like playing a videogame. Footpod works, but data is all over the place so dont even use it anymore.
Quote Reply