Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
George Hincapie - Can he race tris?
Quote | Reply
I'm racing a small Oly distance race this weekend and see that big George Hincapie is signed up to race as an age-grouper.

Does anyone know whether he can swim or run well?
Quote Reply
Re: George Hincapie - Can he race tris? [Lowkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Though a little tall, his build off hand seems comparable to a ITU athlete. It will be intersting to see. I wonder how much he'll save for hte run. Maybe hold back and just cruise in a nice easy 58:00.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which race is this? The season is pretty much over here in SC/NC, though I suppose he could be racing a small event somewhere else...

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Re: George Hincapie - Can he race tris? [ZackCapets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's in the Bahamas, called the UWC triathlon. George is bringing over a few other pros from his team to race it as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny I thought this tread was going to be related to his extensive past use of PEDs and that he should also be banned.

JW (on the comback trail)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't know about run or swim but he can dope.
Quote Reply
Re: George Hincapie - Can he race tris? [jjh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jjh wrote:

And if he witnesses you cheating you can count on him to keep his mouth shut... for a couple years, anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: George Hincapie - Can he race tris? [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He is/was a pro athlete. He's a competitor. One thing you can count on is that he will be able to suffer more, and longer, than most.
Quote Reply
Re: George Hincapie - Can he race tris? [Bogusdogs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems that his ability to suffer and train more than most, may be a result of his alleged doping.
Quote Reply
Re: George Hincapie - Can he race tris? [mikemojo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doping or not, these guys put themselves through and inordinate amount of suffering...just in the training alone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How is that fair??!!!

Personally, I think anyone and everyone should be able to participate in endurance sports for as long as they are willing and physically able. But if Lance is "banned" from triathlons/bike racing/marathons/etc. then why does George get to participate?
Quote Reply
Re: George Hincapie - Can he race tris? [Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
George has served out his ban so he's free to participate if he wants.

I just wanted to know if he is any good as a triathlete rather than descending into another doping discussion.
Quote Reply
Re: George Hincapie - Can he race tris? [Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hickory wrote:
How is that fair??!!!

Personally, I think anyone and everyone should be able to participate in endurance sports for as long as they are willing and physically able. But if Lance is "banned" from triathlons/bike racing/marathons/etc. then why does George get to participate?

People still regurgitate this tripe?

Does anyone honestly think GH's doping activities rise to the level of cheating that LA committed? Seriously?

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: George Hincapie - Can he race tris? [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It seems reasonable to assume that George doped just as much as Lance, and should suffer the same penalties.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mikemojo wrote:
It seems reasonable to assume that George doped just as much as Lance, and should suffer the same penalties.

The cover up is often punished more than the crime itself.

Tax fraud.. Murder.. Doping.. Cheating on a paper.. Rape..

No matter the offense, you are ALWAYS given more leeway if you admit your mistakes and "apologize"... ALWAYS.

Where are you from that this is a new concept for you (not asking that in pink, just thinking you might not be from America)

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mikemojo wrote:
Seems that his ability to suffer and train more than most, may be a result of his alleged doping.

It's not alleged. He admitted to it. It's fact.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:

Does anyone honestly think GH's doping activities rise to the level of cheating that LA committed? Seriously?

If you are talking about just doping, then yes. I'd say they are equal. If you are including LA's douchey-ness then clearly no but guys aren't banned for being douches.

I know why GH got off light and I understand it, I'll never like it though. All those guys should be banned for life.

Then again GH stopped in 2005 though...

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: George Hincapie - Can he race tris? [jjh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jjh wrote:

I wonder if they know what is to train without doping cause by Tyler doping was integral part of training...

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Seems that his ability to suffer and train more than most, may be a result of his alleged doping

You don't get to be a top pro tour rider without massive amounts of talent, even if you dope. Doping helps, but genetics/talent & training are what enabled him to get to the point where he was able to consider riding on the pro level and subsequently doping for a career.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: George Hincapie - Can he race tris? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the real question is... how many people behind him on the run will get ill looking at the veins in his legs!

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There ain't nothin' alleged about it. He doped, and he admitted it.
Quote Reply
Re: George Hincapie - Can he race tris? [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
motoguy128 wrote:
Though a little tall, his build off hand seems comparable to a ITU athlete. It will be intersting to see. I wonder how much he'll save for hte run. Maybe hold back and just cruise in a nice easy 58:00.

lol, 58:00 is like a recovery ride for a protour rider, even a retired one. If he goes easy, he'll still probably hit a sub 53 for 40K, and that's a conservative guess.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
Hickory wrote:
How is that fair??!!!

Well he was his right hand man for many years. So I'll go ahead and say it's pretty damn close.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those who think that doping somehow takes one from a nobody to elite world class doesn't know much about doping in its various forms. Hincapie, Armstrong, and all the others (including triathletes) weren't elite pros because of their doping; the doping just allows them to get that extra 3-4% of ultimate performance from their bodies.

Hincapie, doped or undoped, would blow away any almost any triathlete in a 40k tt. He may never be any good in a multi-sport event, but his cycling skill will be unparalleled.
Quote Reply

Prev Next