Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

General Question about TDF
Quote | Reply
Since there are no live updates to keep me from working, I was wondering about the following.

There is an award for the most combative rider (designated by having a red number I think). My recollection in past years is that there was a committee that awarded points for combativity on each stage, with the points then tallied like the KOM or sprinters points. Looking at the Tour standings this year on its webpage, it seems that there is just an award for most combative rider each stage. Does anyone know if this is what is actually being done? Will there be an overall award for most combative rider? If so, how would it be calculated? Is this another Anti-American plot (just kidding)?
Quote Reply
Re: General Question about TDF [CTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think they just gave the award team CSC and let them give it to which ever rider was up the road for the day.
Quote Reply
Re: General Question about TDF [CTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Usually by the amount of kilometers the rider has spent in a breakaway. Jakob Piil has spent like half the tour in a breakaway so far (or maybe half the tour before the mountains).

If a group of riders break away and stays for a long time, they'll usually give it to the rider who started the break (unless one rider distuingishly does all the work).
Quote Reply