Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin audio prompts
Quote | Reply
I tired to find this on the Garmin forum pages but no luck so I thought I would see if anyone here can help.

Up until recently I used to receive my audio prompts letting me know my run pace on the last lap from a pleasant female voice. I called her Jane. Jane was a little perky and happy to tell me both when I was doing great and encourage me along when the speed just wasn't there.

Now Jane is gone and I have Max. Max has a quiet, raspy mechanical voice that I can barley make out.

Any way I can get Jane back?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin audio prompts [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread has so many possibilities...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which Garmin device is that?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin audio prompts [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fenix 3 and Edge 520+. I just got the Edge, so possible it was a Trojan to get Max into my Connect app. Not sure on the timing of Jane leaving my life. But now have Max when using either device.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:
Fenix 3 and Edge 520+. I just got the Edge, so possible it was a Trojan to get Max into my Connect app. Not sure on the timing of Jane leaving my life. But now have Max when using either device.

I have "Jane"

language is marked as "English (American)" but there is no option to change it from the IOS App.. it's greyed out.. so I'm not sure how to get max or Henry or Cindy or Bubbly.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin audio prompts [myjunk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/fenix5plus/EN-US/GUID-D7092CFC-0284-4DEE-A89E-8D932F0F0ED3.html

Not sure about the Fenix 3 as I don't have the watch on hand.. I tried this on the watch and it worked.

English - US = Jane
English - UK = Max
Bahasa = Bahasa Indonesia

Quote Reply
Re: Garmin audio prompts [myjunk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, but that is specific to the Fenix5 most likely connected to its about one store music and connect direct to headphones. Neither the Fenix3 nor the 520 have those options in their settings. The only way I can see to change the voice prompts is in the phone app.
Quote Reply