Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin GSC10 Problems
Quote | Reply

I have a Garmin Edge w/ the GSC 10 speed/cadence sensor.

I pick up cadence just fine, but the speed magnet doesn't get picked up a lot, or dropped completely.

I have tried arm up, arm down. All sorts of distances from the magnet to the arm. I have even tried different magnets.

Any other ideas? This is only a month or so out of the package, but who knows how long the package was sitting somewhere. Battery change help this?

Thanks!

Breakfast is for Closers
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin GSC10 Problems [140pt6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

When i got mine, i had to change the battery, when my wife got her forerunner 50, i had to change all 3 batteries. I think it just comes down to you don't know how long it has been sitting on the shelf.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin GSC10 Problems [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My first attempt I couldn't get the cadence sensor to work. Exchanged it for another one and has worked since. I did wind up having to use a different magnet on the crank.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin GSC10 Problems [140pt6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have two of them (one on road bike and one one TT bike). The cadence has always worked reliably, but the speed sensor doesn't work at all, in fact if it can pick up the magnet, I don't get any speed or distance data, if I move the magnet away, the GPS kicks in and gives me speed/distance. Slightly frustrating. Make sure you change battery, as I had one come dead out of the package.

-Brandon
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin GSC10 Problems [Cpt. Clydesdale] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Garmin is primarily a GPS device. Adding the GSC10 gives you cadence and the option to pick up speed and distance data from the sensor in the absence of GPS. For that to happen you need to turn of GPS and manually input a wheel circumference.

That's what I do when using the windtrainer. Indoors GPS off and manual wheel size output. Outdoors, GPS on and auto wheel size input.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin GSC10 Problems [irncpl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Simple trick:

When the unit is on, press and hold the "mode" button. It will pop
up a menu that lets you change the sport easily, as well as "outdoor" (GPS)
and "indoor" (no GPS, use GSC10) modes.

-Jot
Quote Reply