Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin Edge 305 says off course even when I am not?
Quote | Reply
I have a Forerunner 305 and use bikeroutetoaster.com with that quite successfully, but I am having some problems doing the same with the Edge 305. I put my route into bikeroutetoaster.com and set off with the Edge 305. Just after leaving the driveway, mabye 1/4 mile from the house it says I am 'off course'. And according to the Edge 305 I was off course for the remaining 67 or so miles until I returned to my house. Here's the thing though, if I go to the map view on the device it shows my little triangle being right on the map line. But if I go to the compass screen it seems to point back toward the start - when out on the route it indicates I am miles away from the course, even though I am riding right on said course.

Anyone have any ideas as to what I am doing wrong? With the Forerunner when I did this procedure even if I got off course as long as I got back on at some point it would pick up the course from wherever I got back on and continue from there. But with the Edge it seems to think I am missing a course point and won't continue on until I go back and hit this mysterious point?? When that happens I no longer get the course point warnings or the distance to end. Thanks.
Quote Reply