Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 920xt/Vector 2 purgatory
Quote | Reply
Hi folks, this is a rant AND some useful information.

The warmup the day before the 70.3 Barcelona this weekend, both the Garmin heart rate monitor and the Vector2 pedals worked correctly but then the next day, race day, neither worked!!!

Without any notice both devices had their batteries 'die' and of course the race was on 'feeling' and I had almost no data for analytical purposes afterwards. Ok, lesson learnt, put fresh batteries race week :/

Not only that but Garmin seems to have 'deleted'(???) their official 920xt forums. Please correct me if anybody knows I am wrong before I begin with the WTFs???

Cheers to all and happy training!

Christopher
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920xt/Vector 2 purgatory [ChDoyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChDoyle wrote:
Hi folks, this is a rant AND some useful information.

The warmup the day before the 70.3 Barcelona this weekend, both the Garmin heart rate monitor and the Vector2 pedals worked correctly but then the next day, race day, neither worked!!!

Without any notice both devices had their batteries 'die' and of course the race was on 'feeling' and I had almost no data for analytical purposes afterwards. Ok, lesson learnt, put fresh batteries race week :/

Not only that but Garmin seems to have 'deleted'(???) their official 920xt forums. Please correct me if anybody knows I am wrong before I begin with the WTFs???

Cheers to all and happy training!

Christopher

I use both of these devices for racing and for everyday training as well as a foot pod and heart rate monitor. The only time I had an unusual battery problem was after a long car ride, and I suspect that the pedals were kept active by movement on the car rack. But yeah, always keep extra batteries in your racing/training bag.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920xt/Vector 2 purgatory [domingjm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DCRainmaker had comments in his latest video about the forums. Hopefully they come back. Too many people use them for things for them to NOT bring them back.
Quote Reply