Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 705 with cad/spd sensor distance issues?
Quote | Reply
has anyone noticed if the distance is more accurate with or without the cadence/speed sensor, i find that mine with the sensor is always short. i havent tried it without yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 705 with cad/spd sensor distance issues? [WillinMI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
has anyone noticed if the distance is more accurate with or without the cadence/speed sensor, i find that mine with the sensor is always short. i havent tried it without yet.

Couple of random notes:

1) On the Edge's and FR's, instant speed/pace will utilize the speed sensor over GPS in all situations
2) However, data recorded will utilize GPS unless you turn off the GPS, in which case it'll use the sensor
3) I've played around a bit on courses of known length and find them usually identical
4) Technically, the speed sensor when calibrated correctly will ALWAYS be more accurate than GPS since it's using simple rotational math to determine distance
5) That said, I don't find the variance to be worthwhile in turns of turning off GPS. The only exception would be perhaps mountain biking, where things get a bit funky deep in the woods with lots of turns.

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply