Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 310XT won't transfer
Quote | Reply
I basically quit running and became a cyclist years ago, but had my old original Garmin (the red one, maybe a 300) for "backup".

It quit, and I got a 310XT. Used it when my 520 would lock up, malfunction, etc. Maybe once a year, and then I'd forget to manually load the workout.

520 battery went to poo the other day. I was in KC for vacation, so I went to the local Garmin store and started an exchange. They had to ship the new 520, so it will be a few days before I get it.

Got on the trainer and did a killer workout last night. Like totally one I want to see stats on.

First world problem. I know.

310 won't upload. I called Garmin and they tried to help. Lots of deficiencies in Ant Plus as I'm sure you all know. Took me through a jillion steps and then sent me a refurb 920.

Before I send this thing back - any last ditch efforts to try and get this workout transferred?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 310XT won't transfer [greenlawnracing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hard to say without know what steps you have taken, but my old 310xt went through a similar issue with uploading files (would get to the 'Transferring' loading screen, but shut off before it completed (didn't seem to be from idling as I tried pressing buttons to keep it awake every 30 seconds or so).

What did work was bringing the devices (laptop, watch) outside to transfer. Had read that ANT+ power signal dropage may be due to interfering wifi signals. Can't be sure it's the reason the transfer worked as I'm on a 920xt now, too, but give that a try.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 310XT won't transfer [Nonojohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try deleting all the old workouts on the device apart from your most recent one. When I had a 310XT, every so often it would try and sync everything on the watch even though they’d already been transferred (which takes an age over ANT+) and then fail.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 310XT won't transfer [rowancbrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rowancbrown wrote:
Try deleting all the old workouts on the device apart from your most recent one. When I had a 310XT, every so often it would try and sync everything on the watch even though they’d already been transferred (which takes an age over ANT+) and then fail.

I actually didn't have many workouts on there, but apparently I wasn't "saving" them properly. I forget what you have to hit when you are done to "stop" the workout completely, but I wasn't doing it. I had tons of 3 - 60 hour workouts that I hadn't done - all I want is this 90 minute trainer ride from last night.

I'm down to seven workouts on the watch, all of which resemble what I believe I did last night with some variances. I tried to find the .fit files that were sitting in limbo on my PC and upload them manually, but they are all old workouts.
Quote Reply