Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin - Quick Release Mount
Quote | Reply
 Any experiences with this new mounting system? How effective and or usable is the swim goggle strap mount?

The package includes a single cradle that accommodates Forerunner's and Foretrex's, and three mounting platforms.

Quote Reply
Re: Garmin - Quick Release Mount [gc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
do the bump, do the hustle

Quote | Reply
bump it up
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered one, but I don't think Garmin is shipping them just yet. After I get and use I'll post how it's working.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My quick mount arrived just last week. My early impressions are positive.

I like the rubber wrist strap much better then the strap that came with the unit. It’s more comfortable, and does not get sweat soaked.

The quick release system works well. Easy to twist on and off.

There is no ‘swim goggle’ strap mount. The extra mount for the old strap.

I got it on a Friday – and raced with it that Sunday. I found the 301 will fit very nice under your swim cap without having the old strap attached to it, just at the base of your skull. Just before the swim I slid it under my cap, and put my swim goggle straps over and under the 301.

As I ran into T1, I took it out of my cap, and attached it to the bike mount.

As I got close to T2, I took it off the bike mount and put it on my wrist mount. The wrist mount is so light I wore it for the swim and bike – I hardly noticed I had it on.

All in all – worth the $25.00.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin - Quick Release Mount [glarson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second the positive impression. I haven't swam with it, but it's very convenient for the bike and run. The bike mount can be turned 90 degrees so it can be mounted on aerobars, base bar or stem. I also agree on the plastic strap, it's more comfortable than the heavy nylon.
Quote Reply