Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Fulgaz trial version mail
Quote | Reply
Hey
After you end trial subscription on fulgaz , can you register with another mail for another trial?

Tenks for any sugestion
Quote Reply
Re: Fulgaz trial version mail [Trdiata] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's not the point of a trial. No shame in even asking?
Quote Reply
Re: Fulgaz trial version mail [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No shame at all.
Just tried it and its pretty lame.
After 30min i stoped it amd put youtube and rammstein live concert on headphones.
Much much better
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trdiata wrote:
No shame at all.
After 30min i stoped it amd put youtube and rammstein live concert on headphones.
Much much better

I'd be interested in what your expectations were and why FulGaz didn't meet them.

I find FulGaz pretty immersive, and often use it to make TrainerRoad interval sessions a bit more enjoyable. I think what it lacks is the more social aspects of things like Zwift, but I am a pretty solitaire rider when on a smart trainer so that doesn't matter too much. The video quality seems pretty good to me.

Robert
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trdiata wrote:
No shame at all.
Much much better

If it was lame and rammstein was better, why do more of it?
Quote Reply
Re: Fulgaz trial version mail [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will have fulgaz on computer for scenery and live concerts on headphones...best solution :)
Quote Reply
Re: Fulgaz trial version mail [GrumpyBob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GrumpyBob wrote:
Trdiata wrote:
No shame at all.
Much much better

I'd be interested in what your expectations were and why FulGaz didn't meet them.

I find FulGaz pretty immersive, and often use it to make TrainerRoad interval sessions a bit more enjoyable. I think what it lacks is the more social aspects of things like Zwift, but I am a pretty solitaire rider when on a smart trainer so that doesn't matter too much. The video quality seems pretty good to me.

Robert

I'm also doing the two-week trial of Fulgaz and I'm on the fence. It's great to preview a race course, no doubt about that. Like you, TR is my primary program and I was too indifferent to the social aspects of Zwift for it to appeal to me. My main issues with Fulgaz is that it seems a little buggy. When I run it on my laptop, it occasionally freezes and crashes. I don't have that problem on the iPad, but then I have to settle for a smaller screen, which lessens the immersive component. One of the courses I selected had no elevation change, even though it's supposed to be a very hilly course.

I also wonder about the accuracy in terms of how power translates into speed. Do you find it is pretty accurate? I'm pretty sure I have the trainer and ride mode settings correct. I haven't used it enough to really get a good sense.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I keep reading that as "Fugazi" - sorry

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Fulgaz trial version mail [Changpao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Changpao wrote:

I'm also doing the two-week trial of Fulgaz and I'm on the fence. It's great to preview a race course, no doubt about that. Like you, TR is my primary program and I was too indifferent to the social aspects of Zwift for it to appeal to me. My main issues with Fulgaz is that it seems a little buggy. When I run it on my laptop, it occasionally freezes and crashes. I don't have that problem on the iPad, but then I have to settle for a smaller screen, which lessens the immersive component. One of the courses I selected had no elevation change, even though it's supposed to be a very hilly course.

I also wonder about the accuracy in terms of how power translates into speed. Do you find it is pretty accurate? I'm pretty sure I have the trainer and ride mode settings correct. I haven't used it enough to really get a good sense.

I've no way of telling how realistic it is - though it feels reasonably accurate to me.

I'm running it on an iPad (occasionally an Android phone) connected via an HDMI adapter to a large-ish TV screen, and it is stable and works glitch free for locally downloaded video files. Streaming is problematic, but that's due to the tenuous nature of WiFi in my garage! I run TR concurrently by using a CABLE device to make a second BT strream from the ANT+ signal from my HRM and Tacx Neo.

The videos I've used have been pretty high quality which reflects how they are curated I guess.

Robert
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really like the idea, but needs a TON of improvement.

Very buggy on AppleTV and lacks a lot of functionality on that platform compared to Zwift which runs seamlessly on AppleTV.

The elevation map at the top blends into the sky so often impossible to read

Some maps dont have grade (St G 70.3) even though they have an elevation profile, kind of defeats the purpose of riding the course.

The GUI could def use some ability to customize or have more features. I would love to see an actual map of the course as I ride so I understand what I'm seeing in relation to the course and the elevation profile. Seems to be an option but can't get it to appear so could be another issue with AppleTV. Would also be nice to have road identifiers again so you know where on the course you are to help learn the route.

GrumpyBob wrote:
Trdiata wrote:
No shame at all.
Much much better

Robert
Quote Reply
Re: Fulgaz trial version mail [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now I get it.
Quote Reply
Re: Fulgaz trial version mail [marquette42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marquette42 wrote:
I really like the idea, but needs a TON of improvement.

Very buggy on AppleTV and lacks a lot of functionality on that platform compared to Zwift which runs seamlessly on AppleTV.

The elevation map at the top blends into the sky so often impossible to read

Some maps dont have grade (St G 70.3) even though they have an elevation profile, kind of defeats the purpose of riding the course.

The GUI could def use some ability to customize or have more features. I would love to see an actual map of the course as I ride so I understand what I'm seeing in relation to the course and the elevation profile. Seems to be an option but can't get it to appear so could be another issue with AppleTV. Would also be nice to have road identifiers again so you know where on the course you are to help learn the route.

GrumpyBob wrote:
Trdiata wrote:
No shame at all.
Much much better

Robert

Regarding stg 70.3 I wrote them and sent my file. Mistake on their back end they saw. They are fixing it.
Quote Reply
Re: Fulgaz trial version mail [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pwraddr wrote:
Regarding stg 70.3 I wrote them and sent my file. Mistake on their back end they saw. They are fixing it.

I also wrote them about the issue. The response was very quick (and not automated), which is definitely a plus.
Quote Reply
Re: Fulgaz trial version mail [Changpao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Changpao wrote:
Pwraddr wrote:

I also wrote them about the issue. The response was very quick (and not automated), which is definitely a plus.

This was the response.
Keith,

Thanks for reaching out and my apologies for that. I've had our ride technicians double-check the course this morning and it's definitely and issue with the ride data file at our end. It seems to have defaulted to flat for some reason. They've pulled the ride temporarily to fix this, and will hopefully get it back online and running correctly ASAP.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To answer your question you could likely use the + feature of gmail to get another trial with the same email or a service like getnada.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's good to hear, I'll check it out this weekend for my last long ride before the race. I'm hoping Snow Canyon is nothing like the climb in IMVBR. Already planning to be BOP but if it is then I can plan also plan to be DFL.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ROUVY has the course also….it’s a tad different but close enough.

My understanding is ROUVY is slow, meaning speed translation. There are also snow canyon segments on ROUVY.

I haven’t checked Fulgaz to see if fixed. Post up when you do.

And yeah, I’m in the Midwest, we don’t have hills. I ride 52/36 with 11/25. I put an 11/32 on for this.

See you in Stg!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you know how to connect bluettoth headphones to laptop to hear fulgaz ambiental sound????
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just curious what you are doing with TR running concurrently? Is it to capture some ride data you would not otherwise have from Fulgaz or something else?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marquette42 wrote:
That's good to hear, I'll check it out this weekend for my last long ride before the race. I'm hoping Snow Canyon is nothing like the climb in IMVBR. Already planning to be BOP but if it is then I can plan also plan to be DFL.

Take a look.

Hi Keith,

Just to let you know that the St George Ironman 70.3 (Pre Race) course has been fixed and is available to ride again with the gradient/resistance changes added back in!

You may need to head to FulGaz settings and tap on UPDATE RIDE LIST to refresh the ride library if it doesn't appear for you right away. My apologies again for the temporary inconvenience with this one.

Thanks for choosing to ride with FulGaz.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trdiata wrote:
Do you know how to connect bluettoth headphones to laptop to hear fulgaz ambiental sound????

In windows and OSX, go to bluetooth in settings and you can add bluetooth devices in there. You'll have to put your headphones in pairing mode.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just started a trial since they gave me 60 days for registering with IM AZ. Today I figured I'd do the IM AZ course, and first impressions are that this program has a lot of flaws.

-No workout library or steady state setting. If I want to create a workout I have go into Zwift and export. Usually if a program has no workout creator, you get and extensive library. Nope.
-Fit files are emailed to you instead of processed on the app and saved to your computer. This feels clunky.
-Nothing is done on the app, but by the website. E.g. uploading workouts
-Strava share is a mess. It saves to Strava ok, but the screenshot I took says "Screenshot Taken' across the front. Huh? Then it doesn't have a GPS track - the GPS track is emailed to me in the separate fit file and has a different number of kms ridden than the Strava upload. What's the point of a VR platform using real rides if you're not also including the virtual GPS track in the shared file to Strava?
-The email fit version gave me the correct number of kms based on where I finished in the IM AZ course, while the Strava version is about 10km long. If the email is reporting the right kms, what is Strava supposed to represent?
-In erg mode the camera moves at the pace of your workout goal, not your actual watts. Yes, I'm in reactive mode.
-The pause button didn't seem to work for me this morning. Instead the camera kept rolling and I must have gained a few kms while I refilled my water.
- I took multiple screen shots but only the last one seemed to save.
-Theres no distance or speed view, at least while in workout mode. The only reason I was able to navigate somewhat where I was located was because it's a 3 loop IM course and so the whole thing takes place on 30kms or road.

All in all a poor experience. I'm don't think I'll be paying $$ after my trial runs out or even if I'll be using it much during the trial. I got to see IM AZ but there's not much to see on the course. I figured maybe I could pause Zwift for the month or two and use this during the trial, but it's just so unworkable.
Last edited by: timbasile: Sep 4, 23 8:08
Quote Reply
Re: Fulgaz trial version mail [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I logged in today for the first time with an attempt to check-out IM WC Nice course. It doesn't exist, there's only the 201X course (95% the same, but still). I wanted to recon, but had roughly 2h - not possible. The lack of any prescribed workouts was also quite surprising - it's not that hard to program 2-4x 10-30' Z3-Z4 workouts, or 10x 1' or 3x (6x 40/20) etc. I might give the app another chance in off season, as a 'fun' experience, but if Zwift is worth 15-20 USD / month, I wouldn't pay more than 3-5 USD for that limited FulGaz experience...
Quote Reply
Re: Fulgaz trial version mail [Michal_CH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I kept waiting for them to put the Lahti WC course on the system before I pulled the trigger on my 60 day trial. The website just said "coming soon" - but now we're after the time when it would be usable as a training tool.

Judging from AZ, it looks like they just bike the course before the race while it was closed but before the crowd came on course. Makes sense if that's that you're doing for a recurring event, but if they're billing the platform as a place to train virtually on the same terrain, they should have had it online just after they announced the location

Though I think they bill the Nice course as being the WC.
Quote Reply
Re: Fulgaz trial version mail [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doesn't RGT offer a way to upload a route and ride it? Or you basically want the video of the course as you ride it vs just the elevation etc?
Quote Reply

Prev Next