Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Fuji d6 seatpost
Quote | Reply
Hello. I have a 2011 fuji d6 matt reed edition triathlon bike and it came with the larger (200mm) version of the seatpost offered by fuji. The smaller version is 160mm. It turns out that i need the shorter version but it seems that all suppliers ive checked dont have it in stock. I also emailed fuji and told they dont have it in stock. Ive heard of people even trying to cut them to size due to not being able to find the part. I was wondering if any of you guys out there have one for sale or know where i might be able to get the 160mm seatpost. I would even buy the tall version as a spare part just in case i decide to cut my current one. Also, if i do get to cut it instead, do you guys know what type of epoxy fuji is using to glue the seat bracket to the post? Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Fuji d6 seatpost [rlbarcan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Technically, you shouldn't cut the post. And if you do, you cut from the bottom, not the top so you don't need epoxy.

All that said, I worked at ASI for years and was around when that bike was designed. The factory told us not to cut but of course we had to try on a few and it's easily done by a shop with a carbon blade.

It voids the warranty however since Fuji has none in stock it really doesn't matter so cut away but use your dealer for assistance.

Steven Harad
Quote Reply
Re: Fuji d6 seatpost [CEEPO USA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On this particular bike its not possible to cut from the bottom because the post was designed like a sleeve over the frame and it has two screws at the bottom used to secure the post over the frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any luck finding the 160mm seat post? I don’t want to highjack. But, did tou find a 160mm? I need one too. Mikesweigart@yahoo.com
Last edited by: tigerswag: Apr 25, 18 12:49
Quote Reply
Re: Fuji d6 seatpost [tigerswag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same problem. Picked up a spare longer one on ebay for $40 and found a carbon repair shop that was willing to shorten one to the shorter length. Came out perfect.
Quote Reply
Re: Fuji d6 seatpost [Doubravsky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did they shorten? Can you take pictures? How long did it take them?
Quote Reply
Re: Fuji d6 seatpost [tigerswag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He used something to loosen the adhesive, remove the cap thing and then cut the top and put the cap back on with new adhesive. You can see from the pics- he removed the Fuji logo- I could have paid more to have it redone to size, but it wasn’t important to me. Have to resize the pics I just took- I’ll post later. The shop is in Orange County Ca. Happy to post contact info
If you’d like. I shipped it to him- took a week at most. Shop owner was real responsive.
Last edited by: Doubravsky: Apr 25, 18 19:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: Doubravsky: Apr 25, 18 20:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: Doubravsky: Apr 25, 18 20:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The shop is called Element 6

Web site: https://www.element6.us
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy or trade a Fuji D6 seatpost with 200mm.
I currently have the 160mm model available for trade (Golden/black/white version).

Thanks,

João Grilo
Quote Reply
Re: Fuji d6 seatpost [GriloJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes same situation here. Having a 160mm in hand need a 180 or 200mm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi sir, by any chance you still have the extra seatpost?
Quote Reply
Re: Fuji d6 seatpost [mrrighteric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I currently have a 200mm red/black/white version that I would like to trade for a 160. I sent you a pm. Let me know if you are interested.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rlbarcan wrote:
Hello. I have a 2011 fuji d6 matt reed edition triathlon bike and it came with the larger (200mm) version of the seatpost offered by fuji. The smaller version is 160mm. It turns out that i need the shorter version but it seems that all suppliers ive checked dont have it in stock. I also emailed fuji and told they dont have it in stock. Ive heard of people even trying to cut them to size due to not being able to find the part. I was wondering if any of you guys out there have one for sale or know where i might be able to get the 160mm seatpost. I would even buy the tall version as a spare part just in case i decide to cut my current one. Also, if i do get to cut it instead, do you guys know what type of epoxy fuji is using to glue the seat bracket to the post? Thank you.

I used to have that bike. cut it. I did cut mine from the bottom, not a problem at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the opposite, I have a 200mm seat post and looking for a 160mm. Let me know if I can buy it from you.
Quote Reply
Re: Fuji d6 seatpost [Salvarez10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey there,

I'm about to get an extra 200mm seatpost soon, so no need to fix my old seatpost.

Like I said before, my 160mm seatpost has a small crack on it and has to be fixed.
Im willing to trade it for another 200mm seatpost, giving you some extra money to compensate that crack.

BRGDS,

João Grilo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for your response, I was getting inpatient not riding and someone else recommended that I cut it and epoxy the seat again. It worked again thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Fuji d6 seatpost [Salvarez10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey there,

Im glad it worked :D

BRGDS.

João Grilo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, I have a 200 I'd love to trade for a 160.

dennisacharles@gmail.com

Thanks,.

Dennis.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HI, do you still have the 160mm? I have a spare 200mm.
Quote Reply
200mm wts [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Currently having an extra 200mm seatpost that i want sell.
Quote Reply
Re: 200mm wts [mrrighteric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any seat post for sale? Looking to buy any size.
Quote Reply
Re: 200mm wts [Jtucker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi buddy im selling 200mm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone have a 160mm post they'd want to trade for my 200mm? Just need one a touch shorter...
Quote Reply

Prev Next