Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Form Goggles and TrainingPeaks Workouts - Got it working?
Quote | Reply
This morning I opened the Form app and it mentioned about a new Firmware for the goggles to allow TrainingPeaks workouts to be loaded directly to the goggles, however when I connect my Form account to my TP account - I get a blank screen after accepting - and from the Form app home screen - 'Up Next' doesn't show my swims for today or tomorrow - so no idea if its successfully connected?

Anyone got it working?

Regards, Richard
Quote Reply
Re: Form Goggles and TrainingPeaks Workouts - Got it working? [thetrickster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine is working but I was part of the Beta group. When I go to the app, I choose "Imported", save the workout and then they show up in my goggles.

I have not had any issues linking with TP
Quote Reply
Re: Form Goggles and TrainingPeaks Workouts - Got it working? [thetrickster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey,

Do you mind emailing support@formswim.com if you haven't found a solution to your problem yet?

Cheers,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting...I got my Form Goggles for a bday present in May & since day 1 of using them, everything downloads to TP and Strava. All I had to do was the initial set up & by the time I get home from the pool it's already uploaded for me when I go to review it.
To be honest, it's a great idea but dang they are annoying on flip turns they just flip off on the "computer side" lens. The viewing area is not really good either, not a wide field of vision I think. Then again, I do use Magic 5's also and Speedo Vanquisher 2's so they already have better field of vision & it may be an unfair comparison with FORM. They are good for open water (non-racing), in that you at least know some stats if you don't swim with a watch.
Quote Reply
Re: Form Goggles and TrainingPeaks Workouts - Got it working? [pedrofeit0sa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pedrofeit0sa wrote:
Hey,

Do you mind emailing support@formswim.com if you haven't found a solution to your problem yet?

Cheers,

All working now :D

Regards, Richard
Quote Reply
Re: Form Goggles and TrainingPeaks Workouts - Got it working? [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I totally agree on this post exactly:

1) As a pure goggle, they just aren’t great. I find my field of vision is simply not nearly as good as my Roka R-1’s. In fact, when there are quite a few people in my lane at my YMCA - and some slow swimmers, I find I can’t really use them as the top field of vision isn’t good at all and I literally run into people.

2) I find them best for open water and specifically the stroke rate. I haven’t been able to use them yet with the GPS function as I am on my 3rd pair as they simply stopped working but the stroke rate thing is good.

I also use them anchored/tethered during Covid in my pool and it was nice to have a timer in my field of vision.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad to hear it!
Quote Reply