Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

For those that had perineal issues and switched to the adamo and that
Quote | Reply
Didn't work, what did you find that worked? I just can't seem to find the sweet spot on my adamo.
Quote Reply
Re: For those that had perineal issues and switched to the adamo and that [triterp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've changed to an adamo and I like it. You can try Cobb or SMP

----------
Miguel Andrade
http://mitano.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: For those that had perineal issues and switched to the adamo and that [sirkilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SMP!!!
Quote Reply
Re: For those that had perineal issues and switched to the adamo and that [triterp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sometimes I sit on mine backwards. Requires a lot of chamois lube.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triterp wrote:
Didn't work, what did you find that worked? I just can't seem to find the sweet spot on my adamo.

When you find the right angle, it will work. Mine was good but not quite perfect. Recently adjusted the angle (about a degree or so) and it is damn near perfect. Now onto the road bike...

I know enough to know I don't know enough...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triterp wrote:

Did you watch the installation video? http://www.ismseat.com/videos.htm
Quote Reply
Re: For those that had perineal issues and switched to the adamo and that [Bypasskid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't try to adamo, but I got an SMP and it is great. More comfortable in the aero position than not. Very good investment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had the adamo and just switched to Cobb. It's not perfect but it's better than what I was dealing with on the adamo seat.

I will say that changing the angle on the adamo did work for a little while. I had a refit with my bike and that i think ultimately forced me to go with the Cobb.
Quote Reply
Re: For those that had perineal issues and switched to the adamo and that [hogstuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did the refit help? I'm thinking of doing that as well. Does the Cobb feel like a more traditional saddle. Or do you get some noticeable perineal relief?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I struggled for years with perineal irritation, usually worse on one side than the other. I finally found a fix that worked for me::

1. Switched to a Cobb VFlow Plus (which did not solve the problem initially).

2. Aligned the nose of the saddle with the longitudinal axis of the bike...if it is cocked (pun unintended) left or right even very slightly, it could initiate abnormal irritation on the tight side...just think of how many times your leg cycles up and down and that little extra rub grinds into you on a longer ride (80 rpm x 60 min/hr x 2 rubs per rev = lotsarubsperhour). If it was happening in your shoe...it would likely manufacture a blister on your foot.

3. First, do your best to make sure the bike is reasonably level from side to side - in the trainer, preferably. I put a small level across the front part of the seat, across the two padded rails that you sit on and it was not level! One side was higher than the other. Not a lot but enough....a full bubble off level. It was clear that the seat was cockeyed relative to the bike frame. It may not have been the seat...it was likely the way the seat mounts into the seatpost (P2C). I carefully inserted a small crowbar into the seat support rails and gently torqued the seat until it was level.....that was it. You might want to do this with the saddle off the bike....save that seat post!

There will always be discomfort riding a good quality performance saddle, but if there is so much discomfort that it affects your pedaling technique or if it begins to dominate your mental space on a ride, then that is abnormal and you should be able to find a fix to make your seat a contributor to your performance on the bike.

Good luck with it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't finished with the refit.. Need a shorter stem, but I believe when I get that done, I should be fine.
Quote Reply
Re: For those that had perineal issues and switched to the adamo and that [Runout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool, thanks for the tip.
Quote Reply