Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

For those of you flying to Panama City for Gulf Coast 70.3
Quote | Reply
I just left Panama City on American Airlines. The aa website clearly states that bicycles in a hard case under 50 lbs and 300-something linear cm get charged a standard baggage fee, which should have been $40 for the second bag. Aa customer service says the same on the phone. However, ticket agent Jessica at checkin says the website is wrong and bikes get charged double. She said go to the website. I did, here it is. She said she deals with Ironman people all of the time and knows very well what bike fees are.
So I paid $80 because she threatened to throw
me off the flight if I didnt hurry up and pay. Now I am going through aa for the refund.
I don’t know how to get around her when the rules are right there on the aa website. Be prepared!
Quote Reply
Re: For those of you flying to Panama City for Gulf Coast 70.3 [NMGal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s why I fly with southwest.

Iirc, AA specifically got rid of their “bike fee” in 2019?

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: For those of you flying to Panama City for Gulf Coast 70.3 [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish Southwest were somewhere near me.
Quote Reply
Re: For those of you flying to Panama City for Gulf Coast 70.3 [NMGal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man I wish I knew AAs bike fee....I had to pay 100 each way on TOP of the baggage fee for Jet Blue.

I will say, I've had luck in the past at my destination airports baggage office getty refunds.

I.e. when you land and pick up the bike to go right to office and say "this isn't right". That way you have the bike/bag and it's not like they can kick you off the flight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At least it’s not the still current $200 United fee each way.

I’ve started printing the website luggage fee page and bringing it to the airport with me
Quote Reply
Re: For those of you flying to Panama City for Gulf Coast 70.3 [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iamuwere wrote:
At least it’s not the still current $200 United fee each way.

I’ve started printing the website luggage fee page and bringing it to the airport with me

^^ This.

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: For those of you flying to Panama City for Gulf Coast 70.3 [Vetratten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As far as the bike fee, there is AA’s policy and then there is Jessica’s policy! I have asked AA to get her squared away before people show up for GC 70.3.
Quote Reply