Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
For N+1 Bike Owners...please post the one that you favor amongst your collection.
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: For N+1 Bike Owners...please post the one that you favor amongst your collection. [dhinkle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm relatively new to biking and tri's. The hunt of "that bike" consumes a lot of my time. I am interested in seeing which bikes rise to the top as your favorites. Currently I have a Cervelo S2; Giant Defy and soon to be "new to me" Trek Speed Concept. Enjoy the Cervelo and Giant but not sure "they are the one".
Quote Reply
Re: For N+1 Bike Owners...please post the one that you favor amongst your collection. [dhinkle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I could keep only one of my four, it would be my Argon 18 Gallium Pro road bike because it is the most versatile. It has an Enve Aero Road Bar w integrated aero bars plus a carbon Red Shift seat post that I can adjust while biking to put me in a true tri position. So I have a world tour bike that is very much a tri bike good for all situations.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ll post a picture later but for me it would probably be my Culprit Rad. Crazy versatile bike.
Quote Reply
Re: For N+1 Bike Owners...please post the one that you favor amongst your collection. [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm still building it. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a little confused by the N+1 title. You always need another, so why suggest a choice?

Now if I had the address the N-1 question, the last bike I would get rid of is the aero road bike. It is pretty much the bomb. While I don’t have a disc road bike, the new ones that can accommodate a wide tire are super versatile. Throw some CX tires on and go gravel racing. Many have a dedicated clip on bar for TT... That is the bike I enjoy the most because I don’t find myself thinking “Gee I really wish I had X bike right about now” very often
Quote Reply
Re: For N+1 Bike Owners...please post the one that you favor amongst your collection. [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The last one I'd get rid of is my 2011 Colnago C59. Red sparkles and white with a few burgundy highlights. Full Campy Super Record. White tape and saddle. Red hoods. White Time xpresso 15 pedals. Flo 60s with red and white decals on Powertap hubs. I love this bike.
Last edited by: FatandSlow: Mar 16, 19 9:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My mid-90’s era Serotta Colorado CR. 100% Lugged steel sexiness.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My BMC SLR02 roadie. It corners amazingly well, and is just plain fun to ride. Have HED jet6 wheels on it and Di2 (ultegra).

My shiv tri is a faster bike, but the handling, climbing, and cornering just don’t even come close.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While it doesn't get much use these days, the one bike I will never part with is a custom built Mondonico Monza I got back in the late '90s. Back then, I used to see a lot of older riders on vintage Colnagos and Masis riding around the Rose Bowl on week days, and I decided that one of my goals was to be one of those 70 year old guys on a 30 year old Italian bike...

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Orange Five. In a luurvlee metallic apple green. 2x10 set up. Lots of Hope parts for great reliability (hubs, BB etc) and of course a big pair of disc brakes.

Not the most versatile for tri. But puts a grin from ear to ear when off road.
I'm a mountain biker at heart.
Quote Reply
Re: For N+1 Bike Owners...please post the one that you favor amongst your collection. [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FatandSlow wrote:
The last one I'd get rid of is my 2011 Colnago C59. Red sparkles and white with a few burgundy highlights. Full Campy Super Record. White tape and saddle. Red hoods. White Time xpresso 15 pedals. Flo 60s with red and white decals on Powertap hubs. I love this bike.

I was going to ask the obviously silly question of "why, if you've already got a good road bike would you want another one?" until i read this..

I want a fully loaded Colnago now. Can you speak to my wife for me?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Flat-pedal mountain bike. The contrast between that and a tri bike is astounding and is a blast to hop on and ride for a change. Curbs, debris, cornering, off-road (duh), scenery, position... they are at complete opposite ends of the spectrum of what bikes can do. I'll go for a 2 hour mountain bike ride and it is nothing like a tri bike ride except the legs are going in circles.
Quote Reply
Re: For N+1 Bike Owners...please post the one that you favor amongst your collection. [RCCo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RCCo wrote:
FatandSlow wrote:

I was going to ask the obviously silly question of "why, if you've already got a good road bike would you want another one?" until i read this..

I want a fully loaded Colnago now. Can you speak to my wife for me?

Might not be a lot of help there. I bought the Colnago about 6 years after being widowed... Not an option I'd recommend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2005 Serotta Legend Ti. The ride of this bike is amazing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1967 Swiss built Super Mondia Special. Lots of soul, some rust, billions of loving miles in the past, and many more to come. Campy Neuvo Record group, all there, all original and all functional. Reynolds 531. It was a shed find a couple years ago, and I gave $100 for it. I ride it more than my tri bike, and wouldn't hesitate to race it. They will burry me with this one.

Athlinks / Strava
Quote Reply
Re: For N+1 Bike Owners...please post the one that you favor amongst your collection. [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My interest lies in learning more about everyone's favorite type and manufacturer of their "go to" bike as I learn more about bikes.
I've been fortunate to own some cars that are somewhat unique (to me) and amongst cat guys we always discuss "that one car"....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dhinkle wrote:
My interest lies in learning more about everyone's favorite type and manufacturer of their "go to" bike as I learn more about bikes.
I've been fortunate to own some cars that are somewhat unique (to me) and amongst cat guys we always discuss "that one car"....

Some of the posts are about the the one bike people wish they hadn't sold or have hung onto for nostalgia. I will double down on the disc aero road bike as the best currently available. Perfect road racer and just a tire swap away from a great gravel bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which aerobike would be #1 on your list?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its the Trek 9 series SC I am building right now. I will always hold onto it since Its the better carbon and rim breaks which in 2 years I am guessing won't be found on the Speed Concepts anymore.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: For N+1 Bike Owners...please post the one that you favor amongst your collection. [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's great to hear! I just bought a 2017 Speed Concept 9. Should have it next week. Pretty excited to have a bike with such a strong reputation as well as one that finally fits me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine was my last purchase, named it Last Bike for Now. So true n+1. Got her out to ride in muddy conditions yesterday and it was a blast.

It’s a Seven Red Sky SL Titanium. Was a joy to build and Jessica Bratus at Fitmi! In Ann Arbor was awesome to work with!

http://www.teamodz.com
http://www.endurancelab.fit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dhinkle wrote:
That's great to hear! I just bought a 2017 Speed Concept 9. Should have it next week. Pretty excited to have a bike with such a strong reputation as well as one that finally fits me.

Awesome!!! Yep the 2017 Series 9 is going to be a super classic bike! Last TT frames with better carbon made entirely in Wisc! Never selling this one. I am only using it as a "Race" bike the next 2 years.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: For N+1 Bike Owners...please post the one that you favor amongst your collection. [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a Felt AR FRD with the same Enve and Red Shift setups that you have. I originally got it for long distance (century plus) rides but I've used it for a season for tris until I got the P5x. It's my all-around go to bike and the one I'd give up last.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tough call, but I really have enjoyed my new custom Canyon Aeroad CF SLX. Not the latest and greatest aero bike out there, but this thing rides super smooth, less than 16.5lbs as built w/pedals and bottle cages and just a very lively ride for an aero roadie. Also have a Cervelo Carbon Soloist, Cervelo NP3 1X, a Van Dessel Full Tilt Boogie CX/Gravel, and +1 TBD!

Quote Reply

Prev Next