Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Foot pain
Quote | Reply
I have foot pain on the side of my foot just above the arch. It comes and goes, but it isn’t like my feet are sore from walking a lot or anything. It feels more like injury pain. Yet I can walk or run, so it doesn’t seem like it would be an injury.

Before I go to a doctor for no reason, any ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: Foot pain [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Foot pain [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, no, no. It's always a tooma!
Quote Reply
Re: Foot pain [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
No, no, no. It's always a tooma!

Seriously... some positive input would be nice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You haven't given us anything to go on. How long have you had it? What makes it hurt? What were you doing when it started?

If it hurts, its an injury of some kind to something.

Besides...most of us aren't doctors.

If you haven't had it very long... Rest it and see if it goes away. Light exercise such as walking or cycling might help as long as it doesn't cause pain. Running is probably not a good idea... Even it it doesn't hurt.

If it doesn't go away in a week or so..go see a doctor.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
I have foot pain on the side of my foot just above the arch. It comes and goes, but it isn’t like my feet are sore from walking a lot or anything. It feels more like injury pain. Yet I can walk or run, so it doesn’t seem like it would be an injury.

I will play;) insertional posterior tib tendonitis

Cheers!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don’t rule out planter, I had a bad case years ago but still get mild flare ups, and when I do it’s “high” in the arch where I feel it.
Quote Reply
Re: Foot pain [ktm520] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is what I was thinking. Mainly because I'm dealing with this injury now. Between the arch and the ankle bone. You'll also feel tightness or pain at the tendon where it wraps directly behind the back of the ankle bone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just recently, I had a pain in my right foot that had all the symptoms of a stress fracture. I of course worried myself to death until I went to see a doc. Took xrays, examined my foot, and nothing more than plantar and a very stiff achilles. He prescribed a set of daily stretches that fixed the issue within a week. And I PR the half marathon a week after that.

The lesson being don't worry too much until you see your doctor.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First thing that came to mind for me too was Posterior Tibial Tendinitis. But like others have said there isn't enough information in the OP nor am I doctor. If in doubt go see a doctor or PT. Good luck.

-Todd
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:

This may seem like a dumb question but just clarifying......when you say the arch of your foot, this pain is on the inside (or medial) part of your foot, correct???

The reason I ask is because I had an issue with the tendon that extends to my big toe (flexor hallucis longus tendon). It caused pain right at the arch of my foot. I could run but it was uncomfortable. Ends up, it was just tight so I started doing gentle stretching of my toes several times per day (pulling the toes back toward the shin bone). But, what worked best, was placing a one inch thick book on the ground, placing my big toe propped up on the book (and no other toes), and then leaning forward to stretch just that toe (tendon). After a week or so, all of my pain disappeared.
Quote Reply