Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Florida's Great Escape Triathlon
Quote | Reply
Now that most of us are through racing in 2004, it is time to start thinking about the first triathlon in 2005!

I would like to invite you to come down to Florida (Clermont) in February for the 2nd annual Florida's Great Escape Triathlon. (Sunday, Feb. 27th).

The race takes place at Lake Louisa State Park in Clermont and is a 1.5 mile swim, 18 mile bike and 8 mile run triathlon. These distances are the same as the Escape From Alcatraz Triathlon. 48 qualifing slots will be awarded for the Alcatraz race.

I did change the run course from last year - took out the sandy parts of the trail run and put 6 of the 8 miles on pavement! Swim is cold - 58-62 degrees and the bike has a few rolling hills.

For more information go to www.usat-ntc.com or e-mail me! Hope to see you in Florida. Z
Quote Reply
Re: Florida's Great Escape Triathlon [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been thinking of doing that one. hmmmm.
Quote Reply
Re: Florida's Great Escape Triathlon [elund] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Elund--Sorry I missed you at IMFL. Let's do the Great Escape.
Quote Reply
Re: Florida's Great Escape Triathlon [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does this race qualify you for some other race or do you have to qualify to do it?
Quote Reply
Re: Florida's Great Escape Triathlon [turtles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You do not have to qualify for Florida's Great Escape Triathlon. This race will qualify 48 athletes for the Escape From Alcatraz Triathlon in California. Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom,

Nice work singing the American National Anthem this past weekend at IMFL. It's amazing the hidden talents that people can have. Who knew? You have a great tenor voice!

Do you sing elsewhere?

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Florida's Great Escape Triathlon [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck - I do weddings and some church choir signing. My claim to fame as a wedding singer is that I have a 100% still married record so far! Of the over 50 weddings - not one has ended up in a divorce. Of course, most of the weddings have been family and friends!

The highlights of my singing career are the Ironman races - with 2,200 atheltes and 5-6,000 spectators - they are my biggest audience!

The answer Ironman Trivia question in 20 years - Who was the first person to sing the SSB in Kona? Tom Ziebart in 2002! - After 9/11 - WTC decided to have someone sing the SSB- Before that year, since the Ironman was the World Championship, they did not have anyone sing the SSB! They have had someone sing it each year after that!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To go along with the Escape race- Marty G. and I are also holding a great three day training camp the same weekend. anyone that signs up and comes to the camp recieves a FREE entry into the race.

we'll have 3 USAT coaches there doing video analysis of swim and run technique as well as supported training rides and classroom lectures on some of the latest research going on in endurance sports.

this is a great way to kick off your training for the new season and visit the NTC. we'll use the facility to the utmost.

Please read more here if you're interested: http://www.bodyzen.com/flashsite/seminars.html

thanks for your time!

Lee Zohlman, Lead Coach/President
BodyZen Multi Sport Coaching
http://www.bodyzen.com
Quote Reply
Re: Florida's Great Escape Triathlon [leezee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leezee.....will you close the camp (to registration) when you reach a specific # of participants? I would dearly love to attend the camp, but probably won't be able to register until 2-3 weeks prior (due to work schedule).
Quote Reply
Re: Florida's Great Escape Triathlon [TheBorg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dear theborg,

we will cap it at 20-23 so that we can give really good indiv. attention to everyone. it is really important to us that people get some one on one time to answer specific questions and to go over swim video (most people's achilles heel). right now we have 9 or 10 signed up and if you want you can give a deposit to hold your slot. it doesn't have to be half but $50.00 should do. contact me or marty@osbmultisport.com. thanks!

Lee Zohlman, Lead Coach/President
BodyZen Multi Sport Coaching
http://www.bodyzen.com
Quote Reply