Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Florida's Great Escape Triathlon - elite division get two new participants
Quote | Reply
Florida's Great Escape Triathlon - the first big race of 2005 - on Feb. 27th, in Clermont Florida, will feature two world-class athletes in the elite wave. Greg Bennett and his new wife Laura have just signed up for the race! They are currently training at the National Training Center in Clermont, Florida and it will be their first race together as a married couple. If they do win, I wonder how many other married couples have won races together? We still have room in the race if you want to come down to Florida - go to www.usantc.com to sign up. Z
Quote Reply
Re: Florida's Great Escape Triathlon - elite division get two new participants [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you start a couples division, my GF and I might get on the podium.
Quote Reply
Re: Florida's Great Escape Triathlon - elite division get two new participants [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definately not surprised to hear this. They both have been training in S. Florida for at least the past month or so. It was pretty wild when I showed up to Masters for the first time since coming of an injury and had them both in the lane next to me. Both are nice as can be, and VERY fast. Hope they both do well, but I feel a little bad for Laura's brother John (AGer of the year in 2003) after last year's mishap at that race, as he now has to duke it out for the win in the elite division with his new brother in law. I can't even imagine how good their children will be, that family has some extremely gifted and hard working athletes in it.

Fit2Tri Multisport
http://www.fit2tri.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure that Lew Kidder and his wife came in first and second overall in a tri some time back, I believe Lew was second.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe the DeBooms (Tim and Nicole) have won a couple together; Memphis in May and World's Toughest Half (Auburn International).
Quote Reply
Re: Florida's Great Escape Triathlon - elite division get two new participants [PH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would imagine Lothar and Nicole Leder have also won a few together.
Quote Reply
Re: Florida's Great Escape Triathlon - elite division get two new participants [add ons] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. Forgot about them.
Quote Reply
Re: Florida's Great Escape Triathlon - elite division get two new participants [Mark in FL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After last year's run course malfunction, we will give John a 3 min lead on Greg and see if he can hold it for the 8 mile run! Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lol, that would be fun to watch...although he might need another minute over 8 miles...John is really fast, but Greg can flat out fly...John may have grabbed an early season boost doing some training with Greg and Laura though...regardless it will be a great race...wish I was in shape to do it myself

Fit2Tri Multisport
Quote Reply
Re: Florida's Great Escape Triathlon - elite division get two new participants [Mark in FL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
wish I was in shape to do it myself

you need some new biking equipment to get you going....sorry I spaced on sending you the package. Busy shoveling snow....Will put them in the mail tomorrow.

Ciao
Quote Reply
Re: Florida's Great Escape Triathlon - elite division get two new participants [Ironstevie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No problem Stevie. Spent last weekend at the club with my friends and a few strange women so no biking was done. This weekend I did both and was a complete mess on Monday. Had a couple solid rides though. Glad to hear you are back at it as well.

Don't let those hills mess with your HR :)

Fit2Tri Multisport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would find it more enjoyable to watch this race than be in it. I never get to see the top people.
Quote Reply