Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Flame me for this comment
Quote | Reply
I just dont get people...the fat people on light bikes that is....

So, couple months ago I see a guy getting his bike out of his car at a group ride...Record Ergo lever on it...so I comment on how it is awesome to see a Record bike out there as I take my bike out of my trunk. He comments that "oh, you have the Tektro brakes huh" - "well I have some Ultragra brakes I am selling cheap if you want to upgrade your brakes"...kinda shocked I pointed out that my brakes were infact Record brakes (black ones) and that no upgrade should be needed. He got quiet and off he went...what ever. I did notice that though he was about 25lbs over weight he his bike had Zipp bottle cages, FSA carbon (tripple) cranks, Neucleon wheels, and on and on and on...carbon and ti widgets every where.

So...yesterday I get a call from an LBS who needed a campy part for a bike...they knew I would have one. They needed an 11 tooth lockring for a customers bike. So, I ran home, got a lock ring and took it to the shop...would you not know it was for the bike that was ridden by the man from the group ride. He had ridden for I guess a year or so with the wrong lock ring on the bike and the shifting was poor I guess (no kidding eh)....and then I see it...to my SHOCK...this guy had Centaur brakes on the bike...that is no issue. Centaur is good stuff, really good stuff...but he had POLISHED OFF the Centaur logos and was careful to not polish off the Campagnolo logo that is just above the Centaur...now...who does this? Granted, I love my Record stuff, and fashion is part of it...but isnt polishing off a logo a bit like wearing a fake Rolex? I did notice that anything that had Record on it was NOT polished off....I would think that maybe a bit more time riding and a bit less body mass would do more for this guys image than polishing off a damn logo....

odd...

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Flame me for this comment [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So what? The guy has self-image issues. You wanna be his shrink?

Consider yourself flamed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All this talk of polishing logos is making me randy!

--------------
Elivis needs boats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fat people should ride fat bikes.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since this guy is clearly clueless, I'm guessing someone sold him the Centaur brakes claiming they were Record :)

Haim

-------------------------------------------------------
"Sometimes you need to think INSIDE the box!" -- ME
"Why squirrel hate me?"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so, if he wasn't overweight it wouldn't have been an issue?
Quote Reply
Re: Flame me for this comment [Smitty8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
phat peeps should ride phat bikes. ya know da kind wit spinnas on da wheels
Quote Reply
Re: Flame me for this comment [Schwingding] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, you keep it up with posts like this, and with some misspelling errors you could be the next Tibbs... :-)

Tibbsie, note that I am not encouraging you, and we know you will never be replaced. I'm just saying that S.D. is raising the crossbar lately on this forum!

FIST Certified Fitter
Salt Lake City, Utah
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You seem to have a lot of issues with others and how they present themselves. Was he riding crazy and causing danger to others? If not, who the F*** cares?

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
R10ti - do you think that a rider's bike should not weigh less than 10% of their body weight?

For me, a 16lb rig for road would be ideal, wish I could get my TT bike that light.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I once worked with a guy who was 75-100 lbs over-fat and was complaining about his mountain bike being too heavy. The notion that the bike was even a consideration when trying to lighten the load a bit was so absurd that I was speechless. I never could look at that guy without thinking about that... I guess we all have our quirks.:)

Lehmkuhler
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hah! Well, I for one liked the post - you are entitled to your opinion. I would keep the flame suit on though :)

Quote | Reply
I ride Daytona... can yuo point me to the nearest hardware store, I need to buy some sandpaper.

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Flame.

fka: bassman

After the swim, I'm a fish outta water.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is odd.... I especially like the 'tripple cranks' part.
Quote Reply
Re: Flame me for this comment [Gary Tingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
For me, a 16lb rig for road would be ideal, wish I could get my TT bike that light.

The road bike was easy to get under 16 - Giant TCR Advanced ~15.4lb, DA 10 and no polished logos) but seeing as I am waiting until my giant TCR Aero Composite frameset shows up, I am not to worry much with getting the tt bike (2004 TCR Aero, DA 9 and also no polished logos) down into that weight class.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Metrosexual = Guys concerned about what other guys are wearing.

Metrosexual; Triathlete = Guys concerned about what other guys are riding; w/ or w/o logos; and corresponding body fat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a good idea - What's the best way to polish off the logo?

---------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn, if I ever find that sumbitch who sold me them brakes...
Quote Reply
Re: Flame me for this comment [Gary Tingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would be riding an old school steel mountain bike with a trailer if I had to obey the 10% rule

"which is like watching one of your buddies announce that he's quitting booze and cigarettes, switching to a Vegan diet and training for triathalons ... but he's going to keep snorting heroin." Bill Simmons, ESPN
Quote Reply
Re: Flame me for this comment [Pluto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Sounds like a good idea - What's the best way to polish off the logo?
I don't know if it's the best way but I polished the logo off my crank with my foot! And I'm not even very flexible :-D
Quote Reply
Re: Flame me for this comment [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
R10C, you KNOW you've stepped over the line when Cathy starts dropping F-bombs!
Quote Reply
Re: Flame me for this comment [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She's been a little testy since Cerveloguy dumped on lawyers.
Quote Reply
Re: Flame me for this comment [Yarf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Some of you people are so quick to jump all over others. Actually, if you look at the thread, you're so quick you're the first few people who responded. Sad.

All he said was "he just doesn't get" the guy. Doesn't sound like he is losing any sleep over it, letting it affect his life or planning some kind of hate crime on the fat, pathetic bastard who -- from the sound of it -- deserves his mocking.

The guy polished off his logos for pete's sake. What kind of loser do you have to be? The guy should run for mayor of Kook City.

That said, a while back these two guys jumped on my wheel during a training ride. It was during only my first couple weeks back and I was still base training, was maybe riding 18 mph average. When I started my cool down they came up and thanked me for the pull. One of them was on the new Guru with the fancy carbon frame. He was about 20 lbs. overweight and in lousy shape. He said as much but said he had a lot of money so he didn't care about the fact that he rode a bike he didn't deserve ...actually, he said he had a garage full of them. He seemed pretty nice. And I don't begrudge him the sweet ride since he seems like a decent fellow. A kook ... but an admited one.

... of course he wasn't polishing off logos. That's just pathetic.

SM
Last edited by: skid marks: Jun 24, 05 11:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey record was this the guy? I am glad to have new people come to our sport, but this guy looks really uncomfortable.

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply

Prev Next