Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FitStik(cyclemeters) - Anyone use one of these
Quote | Reply
Anyone use a Fitstik to set up their bikes ?
Quote Reply
Re: FitStik(cyclemeters) - Anyone use one of these [TRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've used the FitStik and have found it very useful in duplicating the position from one bike to another and making small calibrated adjustments to the position of a bike. The advantage of the fitstik is that it lets you make measurements very quickly and because it attaches to the bike, the measurements are reproducible. It is also very good for measuring saddle angle, saddle set back and handle bar reach and drop. What you have to be careful about is that the measurements from the fitstik are in many ways unique to the device. It doesn't measure the drop from the saddle to the bar but rather the angle fro the saddle top to the bar top. Also, the way it measures saddle height is non-standard. You don't get the distance from the bottom bracket to the saddle. Saddle height is measured as the vertical distance above the bottom bracket of a line projected from the top of the saddle to the vertical line through the bottom bracket. What this means is that if you change your saddle angle, the saddle height will change also. This doesn't matter if you are copying position from one bike to another, but you have to be careful in applying measurements from a form or table. Overall, once I adapted to the measurements, I have been very happy with the device.
I can copy the position from one bike to another in about 10 minutes and the two will be indistinguishable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nothing but good to report about the FitStik. It's great if you want to duplicate a position from one bike to another.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRI,

If you haven't gotten a FitStik yet, get one. There is no better tool to set up your bike position. You CAN measure saddle height to the mm...without trying to balance the bike and use a tape measure at the same time. You can make small changes in your position without any guesswork. I work in a shop, and have fit hundreds of people on their bikes using the FitStik. It just plain works...it is more than worth the money...you will love it!
Quote Reply