Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FishHawk Ranch
Quote | Reply
Anyone here live in/near FishHawk?

I’m moving there and wondering how the roads are for cycling?
Is it possible to get out of town safely while on yer bike?
Quote Reply
Re: FishHawk Ranch [Mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m assuming you are asking about FishHawk just to the East of I-75 in vicinity of Tampa, FL? If so, yes there are places and groups to ride. I don’t live there (live further South in Bradenton/Sarasota vicinity), but I have a friend who does. I can find information on the rides if you would like.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't live in the Fishhawk area so can't really speak to road cycling (although I imagine its not great), but I mountain bike there often. If you aren't into mountain biking, I hope you have an open mind to try it as Alafia River SP and Balm Boyette are only a few minutes away and they offer some really great trails. Check out AJ's Bike Shop page as they are a local bike shop and probably have the local road ride scene handled.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live in the far NW of the county, but there's this: http://fishhawktriclub.weebly.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Assuming you are talking about the Fishhawk in Brandon/ Lithia, there are plenty of good roads. Just head South on Balm-Boyette.

Also, reach out to AJ’s Bikes in Brandon. They can tell you all about the local routes.
Last edited by: Changpao: Mar 18, 19 18:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Flatwoods Park. Best velodrome/paved run trail in the USA.
Quote Reply
Re: FishHawk Ranch [Changpao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fantastic. I’m looking for county roads with little travel. When I’m on the road to ride it’s usually long.
Quote Reply