Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

First group ride of season cancelled..
Quote | Reply
....man that sucks. Was really looking forward to it. Wanted to test out my new compact cranks on the hills against the climbers. Instead, it's pouring rain outside. Bummer.
Quote Reply
Re: First group ride of season cancelled.. [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
same here... we had a group from winter spinning ready to go. nasty outside.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rain, that's nothing. It's snowed here most of the day, cancelling our second scheduled group ride of the season. Too warm to stick, but it's nasty out there.
Quote Reply
Re: First group ride of season cancelled.. [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Again:

You love cycling and triathlon,

Its mid April and the weather still sucks

How do you live where you do?

So Cal is already too crowded, so I shouldnt say this but, since January I have a couple thousand miles on the road! I was just out for an hour run at lunch and was thinking its getting too hot to keep doing this at noon. Keith(my co-worker) and I are going out on the bikes for 3 hours after work. Keith has 21 days of racing already in 2004. Maybe later I'll head down to the OUTDOOR pool for a swim. Hearing you guys complain it makes me think of a skier living in Florida waiting for snow.

I grew up in New England and went to school in Syracuse NY so I know what it is like. After visiting San Diego a few times I made the decision that if what truly makes me happy, riding my bike, going to the beach, running, etc. could be done year round, then this is the place to live. I feel for the rest of you guys and will try not too enjoy tonights ride too much out of respect.
Quote Reply
Re: First group ride of season cancelled.. [paul cusick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
paul-

there's too many people here in sandy eggo already! quit tellin' them how nice it is here and tell them how it really is.....rain, cold, wind, sleet, snow, fog, every single day....

don't move here...it's not worth the pain and suffering that you'll endure staying in your house everyday wondering if the weather is going to get any better.....

did i mention the home prices here?

just kidding.....come to diego! we'd love to have you all!

RD

PS- i wasn't joking about the home prices...they're out of control.

---------------------------

How many miles did you ride today?
Quote Reply
Re: First group ride of season cancelled.. [Red Dragon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah? At least your nuts are toasty.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: First group ride of season cancelled.. [paul cusick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok, Paul, you started this - get me a decent paying job down there!!!!! I'll even get rid of my Velocitys and Hed front and ride Spinergy! I'll sacrifice and ski Tahoe, Taos, and Mammoth in the winter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: First group ride of season cancelled.. [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now your asking for everything. Weather, active lifestyle, and a good paying job. Its like the Chinese part suppliers say " you can have light, durable, cheap. pick any two."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know SoCal has nice weather and all but after getting back from Orange County last week (took kids to Disney Land), I know I couldn't handle the masses of people, cars, development, etc. Although it gets colder up here in NorCal, it doesn't snow and we still have some open space. It is riding paradise. Now if we can just convince the SoCal folks to just stay there because this area is growing like crazy too.

BTW, I think finding decent jobs is probably not as tough as finding affordable housing. Median home price in the Bay Area is nearly $500K. I would hate to be a young couple house hunting these days.

Mike

Quote Reply
Re: First group ride of season cancelled.. [TriMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I know SoCal has nice weather "

Despite the weather I couldn't live there. Great place to visit, but it's just too damn crowded and over developed. A friend of mine up here grew up in soCal and refers to it as "Paradise Lost". The worst part would be the $$$$ housing market. I'd have to pay probably ten times for my same house up here in the boonies and still have much less property. I'll put up with my x-country skiing in the winter for those reasons.
Quote Reply
Re: First group ride of season cancelled.. [Record10ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are the 'boys' better now. No offense, but the composition of your post had me worried, cringing and laughing at the same time.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply