Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

First Bike-Run Transition Run
Quote | Reply
After having swum, biked, and run competitively at various different times in my life I am going to try to put them together this year and race some tris. Towards that effort, I scheduled my first bike-run transition run yesterday. I went for a 2+ hour ride and followed that up with an immediate 1.5 mile run.

For the first half mile by legs felt like lead. I wasn't going slow (nor was I going fast), but I just felt like my legs were going through some unnatural motion. After a mile I felt pretty good in spite of having run 15 miles pretty hard on Saturday. I could have picked up the pace, but didn't.

Is this lead feeling something that will go away with practice or is it something I just have to get used to? My first Tri will be a sprint with a 5k run. Do most of you push that first half mile of the run or do you wait till your legs make the transition?

Thanks,
Victor

================================
blog
twitter
Quote Reply
Re: First Bike-Run Transition Run [Bell Head] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it's something that you get used to. for me it takes a mile or so for me to shake the "bike legs". However, I have a friend who says she never has bike legs starting out on the run. I guess everyone is different. Doing transition runs and bricks are a good way to get used to the feeling
Quote Reply