Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Firecracker Triathlon
Quote | Reply
Kudos to Tom Z., Christine Borah, and all those involved with putting on the inaugural Firecracker Triathlon yesterday in Benton Harbor, MI! My husband and I had an awesome time and am looking forward to coming back 'home' to race once again in a few weeks for Steelhead!

~ Kelly Schack
Quote Reply
Re: Firecracker Triathlon [trikellys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks Kelly - glad you had a good time. Christine deserves all the credit for the race as she organized the volunteers. All I had to do was show up and drink coffee on race day! See you at Steelhead!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you to you and Larry for coming over for the race; you both did well. Then a short time after finishing, you are in the water helping all of the 7-10 year olds who became spooked during the kids' swim. Thank you for the help!

I am looking forward to Steelhead! See you in a few weeks!

~Christine
Quote Reply
Re: Firecracker Triathlon [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HAH! All you had to do was show up and drink coffee-I DON'T THINK SO! I have officially seen the other side of the triathlon world and you work your tail off. Thank you for that! Without your vision, support and enthusiasm, this area would not have the opportunity to have these three fantastic races Thank you Tom!

~Chirstine
Quote Reply
Re: Firecracker Triathlon [CAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Christine! It was my pleasure to volunteer. I was amazed at the tenacity of the kids considering the off and on again rain. I was at the last buoy for the 11-14 year old race, and was inspired by how strong they were. I followed the 7-10 year-olds out as the second race started (following my nephew), when a succession of three waves hit the first buoy just as the little ones were trying to get around it. Needless to say, it scared them and I was just glad to be of help. I will definitely volunteer for the next year's race as well. Larry and I will see you in a few weeks at Steelhead! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Firecracker Triathlon [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...uh, I think you did just a bit more than have a cup of coffee on race day! ;) Again, awesome race and Larry and I will see you on Aug. 5th!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd too like to say congratulations to CAB and Tom Z. CAB, we met the day before at packet pickup. It waqs a pleasure and I'll see you at Steelhead. Finally, a quick congrats to CDANRUN for 2nd OA.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Larry stopped by and introduced himself. great guy.

hope to see you both at another race soon! i can't be at Steelhead due to involvement with another event that day...otherwise i'd be all over that one like white on rice.

Train hard...race well.
www.jimmishler.com
"Jim, I happen to agree with you" DougStern
Quote Reply
Re: Firecracker Triathlon [Jim Mishler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Jim! You did an awesome job announcing, as usual. You were the voice of my first triathlon - Seahorse - back in the mid- 90's. :) I'm glad Larry stopped by. He puts up with me, so he can't be all bad. ;)

We had a great time, although it was the first time I'd swum in Lake Michigan since I moved from St. Joseph 6 years ago - my swim time showed it!!

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to stop by myself. We headed out to the kids race soon after we finished. I'm sorry to hear you're not going to be at Steelhead! :( Will you be at Niles?
Quote Reply
Re: Firecracker Triathlon [Gator1736] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was a pleasure meeting you also. Let me know if you have any luck talking your sister-in-law into volunteering. :-) Steelhead is going to be a blast; I am really looking forward to it. See you then!

~Christine Borah
Steelhead 70.3 Volunteer Coordinator
Quote Reply